Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a calendar to track daily new development tasks from various different projects?

Shamara Torres March 8, 2024

How can I make daily tasks assigned to developers more visible in a team working on over 10 simultaneous projects? Is there a way to create a board, calendar, or another method to display added tasks for each developer without relying solely on notifications within Jira?

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi Shamara - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would use a board versus a calendar for that. You can create a board with a board filter that includes all of the projects. It would look something like: Project in (ABC, DEF, 123, 456)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Did you try the board? 

Shamara Torres March 13, 2024

@John Funk Hey, could you guide me further on how to do that?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Sure. Create the filter and save it. But sure to share with anyone else who will need to see the board. 

Then click on the Your work menu option in the top navigation bar and click on Boards.

Then choose View all boards.

Once there, click on the Create board button in the upper right. 

Choose Create a Kanban Board.

Choose the option for Board from an existing Saved Filter.

Give your board a name.

Select the saved filter you created earlier. 

Choose one of the projects that is included in your filter. You can only choose one, so choose the "main" one if there is one. 

Click Create Board. 

You are ready to go!

Like • # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Yaroshefsky - Visor for Jira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Shamara Torres ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. 

If you have a team working on more than 10 simultaneous projects and you don't want to rely solely on Jira notifications- I'd suggest exploring the Atlassian marketplace.

One app, I'd recommend is Visor. It syncs with Jira so you can visualize multiple Jira projects using JQL. You can alsouse custom color formatting for assignees, status, priority levels and more to create crystal clear team alignment for your team. (You wont have to worry about the team missing Jira notifications. 

Find Visor on the Atlassian Marketplace https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226209/visor-spreadsheet-gantt-chart-?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Let me know if this helps or if you have questions,

Michael

Shamara Torres March 11, 2024

Hey Michael, I'll take a look soon, thanks for the help.

Are tasks created in Jira automatically displayed in the Visor? And is the Visor board displayed within the Jira platform? Regardless of the project? @michael y

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2024

Hi, @Shamara Torres. Welcome to the community 👋

Are you using Jira cloud (<something>.atlassian.net) of Data Center (<our jira>.mycompany.com)? The answer to that question will help the community give you a better answer.

-dave

Hello Dave, at the moment we are using the Jira cloud (<something>.atlassian.net).

Like • Dave Rosenlund likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events