cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Project, Multiple UNIQUE Boards

Zak Taemur
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2017

Hopefully a simple , non 'rocket science' question :-)

I have a single project with its own backlog of issues. I need to create, what I would call, queues.

Lets say these Qs are called 1, 2 and 3 for simplicity and each one has a number of statuses that an issue will move through.

I will assign an issue to one of these Qs and I want the lifecycle of that issue to then continue and be governed within the Q.

What is happening now, is that I have 3 Boards. As I assign an issue to one of these Boards, it also appears in the other 2. I thought Boards are UNIQUE entities however as I discovered they are nothing more than a mapping.

>> Someone told me that I need to create 3 Workflows to solve the problem however I don't seem to see any relationship between a Workflow and a Board so how will a workflow solve my problem ?

>> Also, I've been reading that a FILTER might solve my problem. That is cool however when I add a new issue to the Backlog there is no issue queue data item that I can set so that the issue will appear in the required Board.

Any ideas / suggestions / solutions anyone can help with ?

Many thanks in advance

1 comment

Comment

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

If you want to create multiple UNIQUE boards for a single project, then Categorize your issues based on the components or labels etc. Create your own unique filters as you want using the components/labels and you can use the respective filter in the boards. 

Note: Make sure the issue should have only one component/label to avoid appearing in other boards.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events