Hello all, Why when I am in a project I see items from other projects?

Tesh B July 1, 2021

Hello all, 

I am new to JIRA. I have created some test projects for learning purposes. However when I want to link an item etc. in the dropdown list I see items from other projects! Why would I want to see other items unless I actually ask to see them?

Thanks,

2 comments

Comment

Gary Pasquale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hi Tesh,

The dropdown will display all the issues you have recently viewed/interacted with.

The application won't know what you looking for until you tell it, so it provides some suggestions.

Issue links don't necessarily have to be within the same projects. That's why you'll see more than one project in the list.

Just type the Issue Key and Jira will find it (Assuming it's an Issue you have permission to view).

Regards,

Gary

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi!

This happens because you have visibility of all issues and projects. So when you search, unless you narrow down with the first letters your search, you'll get a bunch of issues.

You can restrict this, if you apply issue level security on the issues, and if you remove any individual from the browse project permission from a specific project.

Alex 

Like Liam Green likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events