cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket channels in JSM

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Change might not be fast and it isn't always easy. But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped. 

Charles Duhigg

People are by nature resistant to change, and that is why so many people in an organization will resist a new initiative or idea. 

We have been using JSM now for 8 months and still 70% of our requests are generated through emails. So what do you do to move people over to use the Help Center, or Halp as the main ticket channel|https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-ticket-channels/? Do you turn off the email channel? Do you change the SLA for emailed requests?

What are your best tips to get users change their behavior and use the Help Center?

3 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg - to slowly increase usage of non-email channels, include the link to your portal everywhere you can - your email signatures, your closing auto-reply in a ticket ("if you have any other questions, just open a ticket at https://support.sandberg.co[1]).

I'd also emphasize (in an auto-reply) to emailed-in requests that response times will be longer to emailed requests (naturally triage time is longer!), and for a faster response, to go to your support portal.

[1] no idea if that's a working URL 😅

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I like the gradual approach idea.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

I have seen it both way:

• cold turkey and turn off the e-mail channel, but that doesn't always seem to go over so great :) A good Automatic reply does help tho!
  • push the users to the portal gradually.. like @Dave Liao  says, mention it everywhere and even when they email something you can reply to them asking them to create a specific request type. Otherwise you won't have all the info and it might even mess up your process..

I do like the idea of working with different ideas based on the channel.. if there is one thing customers respond to is (the lack of) preferential treatment.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I like the gradual approach.  We're beginning implementation, and need to create tickets for people and encourage them to use the new ways.  Couldn't you do some sort of automation to automatically reply to email tickets with some sort of lingo, then you're not having to do it manually.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events