Generate New Project Number in Confluence

joshua.king November 7, 2019

Hi Team, 

I'm new to the confluence & Jira Workflows. 

I've basically just been thrown straight into the deep-end. 

How do I Generate a new Project Number in Confluence so that I may create a new Project in jira? 

Warmest regards, 

Josh king

1 comment

Comment

Carolynn_Carriger November 8, 2019

Are you creating a new Project or Issue in Jira? 

The difference between the two is that Projects are the primary container. You can use Projects based on type of work needed (general writing, social marketing) or on which department/team is supposed to process it (graphic design, writers, IT, etc.). Depending on how you set up your Projects, they could have names like WRITING, GRAPHIC DESIGN, or IT.

Issues are the individuals tasks that are created within a project. Your issue will have a Key based on the Project and the issue's number (sequentially issued). So your fifth writing issue would have a key of WRITING-5.

Then if you add in Confluence, you can link pages and issues or create issues from pages. But if you don't have a Project set up in Jira, you'll need to do that first.

Ideally you'll get started with Jira's support resources--they have a lot of good info available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/alldoc/atlassian-documentation-32243719.html. (You'll have to select which Jira product and whether you're on cloud or server to view the correct documentation.) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events