Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need your feedback on how to organize Jira Service Desk

Gabriel Viger March 4, 2019

Hello Community,

I need your feedback on an idea (bat shit crazy) that my superiors had to re-organize our JSD projects.

Right now, our Service Desk projects are organized by teams where you can raise different request such as bugs, change requests or feature requests.

Ex.:

By Team

current-setup-jsd.png

Then you can choose a request type:

requests.png

Now my superiors have the idea to re-organize projects by request type so there is one channel to submit new features, change requests or bugs to all teams.

I told them that this was not a good idea based on many arguments such as:

* All teams would manage their change request or feature request in the same projects, but bugs in another one.
* Each teams have different workflows for common issue types
* Each teams have different screens/fields for common issue types
* All teams queues would be in the same project (imagine the number of queues...)
* And many more reasons I could come up with... (please add more reasons that you think of)

I am not saying that it is not possible to configure a JSD project that way (I have done it for some teams who decided after some time that having their own JSD project was a better solution) but I am strongly against this idea of how they want to re-organize project and processes that are already working well.

This is why I am reaching the community to have your feedback based on your opinion or experience.

Thanks in advance :)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events