Zephyr Squad Importer failing - Master Row : 1, Sheet Name : Sheet1, Error Message : Error while cr

Frank Davis July 4, 2022

I am attempting to import TCs into Zephyr Squad but failing at present. When I validate it goes without error but trying complete fails.

The log shows:

Master Row : 3, Sheet Name : Sheet1, Error Message : Error while creating issue : ["Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it."]

Master Row : 1, Sheet Name : Sheet1, Error Message : Error while creating issue : ["Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it."]

As first attempt the TCs are very simple and I am not sure why not working. I dont have issues creating a Test manually

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Schaare July 6, 2022

Hi,

I've not used Zephyr Squad before, so please take my advice accordingly - I experienced the same issue as you describe here when trying to import multiple test cases from multiple worksheets in a workbook. Test cases had previously been exported from JIRA (perhaps Zephyr Squad) but I'm not aware exactly how this was done.

The test cases I'm importing are quite simple, only 5 fields total - one of these is an existing unique Test Case ID

Anyway, my import routine imported the first 60 test cases no problem at all, failed on the 61st record, and presented me a log which included multiple instances of the same error you describe.

What I found in my case is the following:

1) You can't have the Excel workbook open when you're trying to import

2) I had to remove the field descriptor headers in row 1 of the worksheet to get the import to work reliably

Note: to aid with debugging I reduced to a single worksheet - I've not repeated with multiple worksheets as yet.

Good luck

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events