Time estimate problem

Ole Keiser Christensen March 25, 2012

Hi

I've got a question from one of our project managers he has noticed that there some differences between Version workload report and Agile time etimate even tough it's the same milestone that is being measured.

ex Version Workload Report says 3180 hours while Agile says 6132 hours have anyone else noticed any diferences in their projects.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 25, 2012

I have noticed that the versions doesn't track time correctly unless you set the Start Date. I also found that Agile counts remaining estimates for Resolved issues, while the Version Workload Report ignores them.

Deleted user March 25, 2012

I think it is a question of interpretation. It is not good to have two definitions of what is remaining, but in a way they are both right.

My own solution is to set the remaining estimate to 0 when resolving issues (They are done, right?). Unfortunatly I found other differences that I could not explain.

0 votes
Bob Campbell November 20, 2012

I am seeing a similar problem - we have time remaining against issues in a "Reviewing" state, i.e. not "Done" - but this is not being added into the Total Time Remaining in the Version Workload Report .

I think its a straightforward bug - The Time Tracking report shows 21d 6h 25m remaining, the version workload report only 20.5d.

Greenhopper shows the correct remaining time.

We have JIRA v5.1.5.

0 votes
Ole Keiser Christensen March 25, 2012

Hi Eirik

thanks for the promt answer, do you if this is a bug or that we need any other settings so we can prevent those diffencies?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events