Story Map Plugin Version: 2.2.0 broken with Agile Project Management Version: 6.4.0.9. Unusable.

Michael Chaddr Reekie July 2, 2014

Story Map Plugin broken with upgrade from Jira 6.0.5 to 6.2.7. Unusable.

Error: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.greenhopper.model.lexorank.LexoRank cannot be cast to java.lang.Number

It does appear that the agile plugin uses a different format for rank that is non-numeric.

Rank (Obsolete): 52

I use this plugin-every day. Am I the only one having this problem? Any pointers?

Story Map Plugin Version: 2.2.0

Agile Project Management for JIRA (Build: #31f714fba1b87f55); Version: 6.4.0.9

Windows 7 64bit

Mysql 5.6

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM; version 1.7

Jira version: 6.2.7 ; build 91604a8de81892a3e362e0afee505432f29579b0

13 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2014

we published a new on premise version on the marketplace which is now compatible with all JIRA Agile Project Management versions.

I hope all of you can work again now - otherwise please give me a note!

Cheers,

Florian

0 votes
Michael Chaddr Reekie August 1, 2014

Earnel, thanks for the pointer. The interface is a bit different now. I think it's better from my first look. I've wanted to be able to have more flexibility on how to group the stories.

Hugh, The original problem that triggered this particular thread appears to be fixed. Thanks Florian for the fix

0 votes
Michael Chaddr Reekie July 31, 2014

I upgraded to Agile Story Map 2.3. It does not appear in the web browser. I disabled/re-enabled it. Nothing. I reinstalled it. Nothing. I will report more when I am able.

Earnel Gibb July 31, 2014

Try under the Agile drop down

0 votes
Hugh Brown July 31, 2014

Fixed.

Upgraded Jira Agile from 6.4.2 -> 6.4.3 and this solved the problem. So it appears Agile Story Map 2.2.0 doesn't work with Jira Agile 6.4.2.

0 votes
Hugh Brown July 30, 2014

I have the following:

Jira 6.2.3 (standalone)

Jira Agile 6.4.2

Agile StoryMap 2.2.0

But Agile User Story Map still generates the error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.greenhopper.model.lexorank.LexoRank

cannot be cast to java.lang.Number

I have tried Agile StoryMap: 2.1.2, 2.2.0 and 2.3.0, but none of them work with my combination of Jira and Jira Agile.

Is there a version of Agile StoryMap that will work with my combination of Jira and Jira Agile, or do I need to update Jira/Jira Agile?

According to the version history, Agile StoryMap 2.3 needs Jira version 6.2.5 - 6.3.1.

0 votes
Hugh Brown July 30, 2014

I have the following:

• Jira 6.2.3 (standalone)
  • Jira Agile 6.4.2
  • Agile StoryMap 2.2.0

But Agile User Story Map still generates the error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.greenhopper.model.lexorank.LexoRank 
cannot be cast to java.lang.Number

I have tried Agile StoryMap: 2.1.2, 2.2.0 and 2.3.0, but none of them work with my 
combination of Jira and Jira Agile.

Is there a version of Agile StoryMap that will work with my combination of Jira and Jira 
Agile, or do I need to update Jira/Jira Agile?

According to the version history, Agile StoryMap 2.3 needs Jira version 6.2.5 - 6.3.1.
0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

hopefully this week ;)

0 votes
Michael Chaddr Reekie July 20, 2014

Florian,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any ETA?

Mike

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2014

Hi Michael and Earnel,

we are aware of the 'rank' issue with the new jira agile version and are working on a fix!

We would kindly like to apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Florian

bauer.it.consulting

0 votes
Earnel Gibb July 10, 2014

Have any of you guys got a response from bauer.it.consulting, I emailed then on 6/21 with no reply.

My organization is also affected with this change.

0 votes
Michael Chaddr Reekie July 4, 2014

I posted an email via the contact form at http://bauer-information-technology.com/asking for an ETA on a fix.

0 votes
Michael Chaddr Reekie July 2, 2014

uggh. I guess I might have been able to catch this if I did more homework before the ugprade.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

I only know because it clobbered me last week (not the story map specifically, but the ranking field change broke some custom code)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

Ah, it's not the upgrade of Jira that breaks it, it's the update on Agile. On version 6.3, it has a ranking field. On version 6.4 it changes, obsoleting the old rank field, which the story map plugin is using.

I'm afraid you are stuck until the story map plugin is updated to match the new Agile fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events