Share-it Comala issues with PDF and update link

Maria Luisa Frigerio January 5, 2016

Hello, I have just installed the trial version of Share It for my company. The plug-in works perfectly but I am having some issues about opening PDFs file.

If I share just the PDF as one attachment, no problem - i can view it online and download it.

If I share a page containing PDFs, some of the docs can be viewed online and downloaded, others are opened online but "crushed" and of course I cannot download them, others are just downloaded automatically without viewing online.

What's the issue?

Furthermore, I have got a doubt regarding the link to the page. I know that the link to share a page changes depending on the expiring date - and this is fine. But if i attach another doc to the page after sharing the link, will the link be updated with the new attachment or do I have to create another link? (Pretty difficult to explain in better words, hope you get it smile).

I look forward to receiving your answer.

Kind Regards,

Maria Luisa Frigerio

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maria Luisa Frigerio January 8, 2016

Thank you Gorka, 
I have tried the plug-in and it works perfectly. I think that the issues with the PDF are related to the files themselves but I completely got the idea of sharing the attachments included in one page only.
I will contact you in case of any another doubts
Thanks again.
Maria Luisa

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2016

Sure! Let me know if you need anything else. Gorka

Maria Luisa Frigerio February 2, 2016

Hi Gorka, 

Is it possible to substitute the link with a word? I mean, when I copy and paste the link on my email it looks really long and It could "frighten" the client. How about copy and paste the title of the doc I want to share instead of the entire link?

Thank you

ML

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2016

Hi Maria Luisa,

I'm afraid it's not possible. However, we do have a feature request to allow for pretty urls. Can you open a ticket in https://comalatech.zendesk.com so I can add your data to this feature request? thanks!

Gorka

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
January 5, 2016

Hi Maria Luisa,

What do you mean by crushed? Comala Share It only shows those attachments that belong to the page you are sharing. This is a security mechanism to avoid information leaks. For example, imagine that you restrict the space A, users cannot share anything from that space. So, a user goes to a space B where sharing is allowed, adds a PDF from the space A to a page in space B, and then, that user shares that page. If we would allow that sharing, you wouldn't know that PDFs (attachments) from the restricted space A are being publicly shared.

In order to understand better your issue, could you create a ticket in https://comalatech.zendesk.com? I'd need your Confluence version, screenshots of the page and it's shared counterpart, and the "crushed" PDF if possible.

Regarding the link to a page, what you share is the current page. If you update attachments linked to that page, you don't need to create again the link, everything is up to date seamlessly. The same happens when sharing attachments, the link always shows the latest version of the attachment.

Regards,
Gorka

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events