Linking Test Cases to Epics in XRay

sanyamarora December 6, 2021

I have linked some Test cases that I've created in Xray to a user story in JIRA. 

This user story is linked to an epic. Now, if I go to this epic, I'm not able to see those Test Cases automatically linked to this epic(have to do manually). Can someone suggest me how can we achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

Hi @sanyamarora 

The links made in the user Story are not shown in the parent Epic; as linked issues, they are only shown in the Test Coverage section since they cover the Epic through the Story.

In the linked issues section only shows the issues linked directly; only in the coverage section may show tests from child Stories, like in the following example:

epicstory.png 

In this example, the RMSP-190 directly links to the Epic, so only this is shown in the Linked Issues section. However, the coverage section also shows the RMSP-200 inherited from the child story.

If you don't have the Test Coverage section in the Epic, then it means that the Epic is not configured as a coverable issue type.

Any additional questions, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app); we would gladly assist you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events