Is there an ETA for when Jira cloud for Excel without desktop will be fixed?

Dawn Hoesel February 6, 2023

I have always used Jira Cloud for Excel in the app. It is more responsive, and it never freezes, However, Since January 2023. It only tries to load. I have tried everything. The browser version consistently freezes. At this point, I am losing valuable time sitting and waiting for it to unfreeze, and fingers crossed it does not lose any information. If I end now, I then have to open it back up and delete and re-pull in to make sure all information is pulled in. I cannot do the Export, this is limited to under 1,000, again this makes me have to repeat the same process multiple times, which is a lot of lost time. Can I please get some kind of help, I truly appreciate everything Atlassian provides. 

2 answers

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Dawn Hoesel

welcome to the community!

Just to add to Nic's answer, one thing you might consider is to check alternative solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace. There's a number of dedicated export apps, and I myself work on an app that aims to bring many features of spreadsheets straight into Jira (but also does great exports). Many of these apps work around the 1000 issue limit.

What Export app are you using, I have to request to use anything. Not every app is allowed.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2023

I'm arguably biased but I'd always use JXL for Jira, which allows exporting any number of issues in just a click, plus it is super-safe: Any communication happens only between your browser and your Jira, and your data never leaves your site:

export-to-excel.gif

From all I hear, Better Excel Exporter is also great.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
February 7, 2023

Thanks @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira 

@Dawn Hoesel 

Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud also comes with a number of prebuilt templates, so you can create Excel reports from Jira Cloud with a click.

multi-issue-excel-export-menu-cloud.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you reported this as a bug or problem to Atlassian?

The 1,000 limit is built into Jira, not external apps, it's there to prevent large downloads caning the system.

yes, they have no way of changing that, work around is Jira Cloud add on to Excel.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events