How to install add-on/plugin with a script in Jira 6.

Paul Snijders August 21, 2013

I am wondering if it is still possible to install a custom plugin in Jira (in our case, Jira RPC plugin) using a script in Linux. In Jira 4 it was simple: just drop the jar into the lib directory. In Jira 6, it seems, it can only be done using the plugin management GUI. Which gives you an extra manual step to perform if you want to deploy Jira unattended, like we do all the time. Does anyone know a way ?

Thanks & regards,

Paul.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

Hi Paul,

When jira is not running

• If you are installing a 'Version 2' (OSGi) plugin, copy the jar into your JIRA home directory under plugins/installed-plugins/.

you can even a do plugin update from a remote place

scp user@from:/path/version/plugin/*.jar ${JIRA_ROOTPATH}/JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins

If jira is running you can also upload the plugin with cli from the atlassian sdk

Best regards,

Paul Snijders August 28, 2013

Hi Trey, your first suggestion actually worked ! Excellent, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks !

b.t.w. it was a version 2 plugin.

0 votes
Paul Snijders August 25, 2013

OK, that's clear enough ;-). Time to do some sniffing then.

0 votes
Paul Snijders August 25, 2013

Hi Timothy, thanks for your answer. I thought of this myself but the drawback of this solution is that Jira must be up & running. Not a disaster, but if you can think of another way ...

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

There's no other way.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

You could always do a POST to the resource if you need to. Though, I don't have that URL for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events