How can i change the assignee of the task based on the reviewer in github

Mohammed Ahmad April 1, 2024

When a Pr is created in github automation moves the issue into the `In Review` status but I need also to assign the task to the reviewer in github Is that doable?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Mohammed Ahmad 

Welcome to our Community.

Your scenario is interesting, but in fact, the reviewers in GitHub may be multiple users and jira issue assignee must be just one user. So it's not doable from this perspective.

However, if there's only one reviewer in your rule, maybe we need GitHub REST API to get the current reviewer firstly, map the reviewer to Jira issue and then assign the issue to the reviewer user with jira automation(s). This is just an implementation idea for your reference.

In my actual case, I prefer to integrate Jira Software with GitHub firstly and then the code reviewers will be shown in the development panel when someone is reviewing the codes.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

YY哥

Mohammed Ahmad April 4, 2024

What if i made a custom field in my jira board that allow multiple users will that be easier? and for mapping can we rely on email?

Mohammed Ahmad April 4, 2024

Is there a trigger for assigning a new reviewer? that can help me alot by using smart Values

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events