Embed private Figma files in Jira and Trello

Figma is a design platform for teams who build products together. Born on the Web, Figma helps the entire product team create, test, and ship better designs, faster. 

We believe design is most successful when it is open, accessible, and connected to the tools that enable the broader product team - such as Jira and Trello. Which is why we’ve long supported the ability to embed public Figma files in both platforms. 

But we’ve heard from many of you that embedded Figma files would be much more useful if they didn’t need to be made public to be supported. Today we’re excited to be announcing support for private Figma file embeds in Trello and Jira

By bringing live embeds of Figma files into Trello and Jira, product teams can stay in context and rest assured knowing they’re always referencing the latest designs. And unlike screenshots, these live embeds update in real time to reflect changes made in the design file - no maintenance required. 

How Figma embeds work in Jira

The Figma Add-On for Jira uses cookies to allow users to view private embedded content. Users with permission to the underlying Figma file will be able to see the embed in Jira. If the file is private, and the user is not logged in, they will be prompted to do so from the embed itself.  

Embed - Jira (final).png

How Figma embeds work in Trello 

The Figma Power-Up for Trello uses OAuth to verify access. Once users enable the Power-Up and allow Trello to access their Figma account, they will able view embeds in Trello on an ongoing basis. The Figma Power-Up allows them to share and view public or private Figma files in their Trello boards. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.44.44 PM.png

Figma embeds streamline project communication, simplify handoff, and eliminate the overhead that comes with finding and sharing the latest design files. 

Try them out and let us know what you think! 

Figma for Jira

Figma for Trello

7 comments

Comment

Drew Cottrell May 21, 2020

@Priya Kotak Do you have plans to add configuration so admins can choose which projects to enable this on?   Otherwise issue view is quickly polluted with many apps adding a new section like you do with "Design" section, not every team needs this.

Like Jonno Katahanas likes this
JOPO Cabs May 30, 2020

Hi, I am able to add one link to the jira story, but I wanted to have multiple or individual screenshot file links to be added to the jira story.  At the moment I can upload only one link to story.

One more think, next to DESIGNS ... menu the ACTIONS menu is also disabled.  Not sure how to do these two things.

Priya Kotak June 1, 2020

@Drew Cottrell While we don't currently have this on the roadmap, our team is constantly looking for feedback on how to improve our integrations. I'll definitely share this with them. 

Binu George June 29, 2020

@Priya Kotak The figma add-on for Jira does not work - It keeps on failing with 'App is not responding`when added to a Jira issue. 

james_bailey August 5, 2020

There is a real issue with load times for attachments and Figma on JIRA issues if you are based outside of US. I've been told all media is store in Westcoast USA. Can Atlassian open a stack in Europe for media or UK would be even better? 

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hi @james_bailey

Data residency - with an EU realm for Media is coming very soon: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-data-residency-976763149.html

Thanks

Priya Kotak August 5, 2020

Hi @Binu GeorgeSorry to hear it's not working for you! If you could send an email to support@figma.com with the URL you're trying to embed, our team should be able to help you troubleshoot!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events