Eazy BI report for status & % completion of child within a Parent

Thejaswi S N February 6, 2023

Hi,

I need to run a report where it can show the Key Results count and it's completed status in % - followed by the features count and it's completed status in %, then followed by the Stories count and it's completed status in %

For example

There is Key Results 1 which has 3 features viz. Feature 1, Feature 2 & Feature 3. 

Feature 1 has 8 stories. 4 are closed, 2 are in progress & 2 are in new state

Feature 2 has 10 stories. 6 are closed, 3 are in progress & 1 is in new state.

Feature 3 has 15 stories. 6 are closed, 5 are in progress & 4 are in new state

There is Key Results 2 which has 3 features viz. Feature A, Feature B & Feature C. 

Feature A has 18 stories. 7 are closed, 6 are in progress & 5 are in new state

Feature B has 20 stories. 11 are closed, 6 are in progress & 3 is in new state.

Feature C has 25 stories. 14 are closed, 9 are in progress & 3 are in new state

The report should show the Key Results count and it's completion status in %, followed by Feature’s count and it's completion status in % and then followed by Story’s count and it's completion status in %

Please help in creating the custom hierarchy for the above.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Thejaswi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

Hi @Thejaswi S N

The first step to analyze the hierarchical relation and completion of issues is defining the issue hierarchy in eazyBI.. If you use Advanced Roadmaps, the issue hierarchy will be created automatically by importing the "Parent Link" field. Please see more details about defining an additional issue hierarchy on the eazyBI documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies. If you already have that covered, you can skip this step.

With the issue hierarchy defined and imported, you can select the Issue dimension in report rows and select the hierarchy. eazyBI will sum up all measure values to the top levels. Please see an example below with the Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy in the Issue dimension:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 17.17.57.png

You can then calculate the total completion by dividing the number of resolved issues by the number of created issues. The formula could look similar to the one below:

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
THEN
[Measures].[Issues resolved]
/
[Measures].[Issues created]
END

Let me know if you require more details or have any questions.
Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Thejaswi S N February 7, 2023

Hi @Roberts Čāčus Thanks for your response. But I don't see the Parent link field while importing.

image.png

Can you let me know if any additional setting needs to be done. This is the version of eazyBI being used

image.png

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

Hi @Thejaswi S N ,

For eazyBI for Jira Cloud, an additional step is required. Please see the instructions here - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/advanced-roadmaps-custom-fields#AdvancedRoadmapscustomfields-JiraCloud. After that, you can find the Advanced Roadmaps field "Parent Link" field in the eazyBI import options "Add-ons" tab.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Thejaswi S N February 7, 2023

Hi @Roberts Čāčus Thanks a lot. Appreciate your efforts in helping me. I was able to get the Parent link.

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this
0 votes
Meghan LaClair February 7, 2023

Hi @Thejaswi S N 

If you are open to 3rd party solutions we've created an automated solution for this at minware.

Our predictive roadmap automatically shows dependencies, and weighs weekends. You can roll down from epic to subtask for a detailed view of WIP/completed work/planned work. 

minware - roadmap subtask grouping.png

Since our dashboards are created by uniquely combining version control, ticketing, and calendar data we can provide full transparency in one plug and play solution.

We offer a free trial, if you would like to check it out please let me know!

Disclaimer: marketplace partner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events