Confluence - Scriptrunner: How could I automatically remove restrictions of multiple pages?

Guy Toyber July 5, 2021

Hi,

I want to determine who can view and / or edit individual pages with a specific string included in their content.

The script I would like to use is to remove all users except the page creator so that only the page creator can view and edit this page.

for example:

I want to restrict all pages that contain the "Hello" string in the content.
I'm running a script that relies on a specific string.

Once I run the script all viewing permissions from these pages will be removed except the page creator.

Continuing with the question,

Let’s say the page creators edit the page and remove the “Hello” string, after I run my script again, these pages will no longer be restricted. (Like a rollback).

Is there a way to do that?

Any reply will be welcomed!

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi Guy,

I'm not the best scripter, but as you already have a script that uses that string, i would suggest to extend that with remove content permissions: https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/6.6.0/com/atlassian/confluence/core/ContentPermissionManager.html

Hope this helps,

Laurens

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events