Can we not download backups anymore from Backup Manager?

Shreena Patel March 24, 2014

Every week I do a backup of both JIRA and Confluence using the Backup Manager and can download it and store it. Now it is asking me for Authentication for Studio WebDAV. Is this something new? What do I need to do to download it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2014

This also has shown up when I tried to verify this on my test instance.
When presented with the authentication box, I could proceed with downloading the backup after re-entering the credentials of my admin account to the instance.

Since when this has been implemented, and why, I currently can not give you an answer to.

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2014

If you enter your username and account you normally use to log in on your instance, this should be sufficient, assuming the account has admin privileges on the instance.

Thank you! It worked! Cheers :)

Thanks, I don't know my admin account credentials. I am using both instances On-Demand. How do I find this out?

David Cohen August 12, 2015

I tried using my credentials and it will not accept them.

Peter Hultqvist October 30, 2015

It doesn't work when I use the email username(which I use everywhere else), you must use the local username,

otti-petitcode January 16, 2016

went fine when i used username : "admin" instead of email and then my normal password

Jira Admin April 15, 2016

^^^^^^

That worked!

Jerry Karlsson June 14, 2016

Yes, it needs the admin username (default 'admin')., not the email of the admin

Chris Hardy August 1, 2016

tried admin and my pw, it looks like it is going to work – no authentication errors but login prompt returns.  

kevin conroy August 7, 2016

@Ottavio Braun Cheers for the 'admin' tip, worked perfectly! Thanks to to @Shreena Patel for raising the question, and to all the participants on this thread. As for Atlassian - 4/10, must try harder

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events