What sources (forums, websites, communities) are usually useful for Agile management?

Julie Vu [Beenicon]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm a Jira novice here and would love to know what sources (forums, websites, communities) are usually useful to you when you need to look for some information to improve the process in Jira.

For example, if I'm searching for some tools for better communication in my team, where should I start with?

Thanks guys!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

Hello @Julie Vu [Beenicon]

Welcome to the community.

Since you mention that " I'm searching for some tools for better communication in my team, where should I start with?"

I think the best tools you can give to your team are Jira, Confluence and Hipchat/stride. 

Jira for project tracking and project management , Confluence for content management and Hipchat/stride for notifications and team communication (minus the emails). I think stride/hipchat rooms  are awesome to keep everyone on the same page.

As far as Agile process/frameworks are concerned, I generally use LinkedIn's group called "Scrum Practitioners" for discussing all things related to Agile as the group has some pretty experienced Agile coaches. 

Julie Vu [Beenicon]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2018

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Stride seems okay, we're considering Slack cuz it provides users with plenty emojis (ha ha, coding is supposed to be fun too) and it's faster to load an image on Slack rather than Stride tbh. One downside is that Slack is not integrated on the scope of Jira so there might be some restrictions using Slack. I love Stride UX though. Have you experienced both?

I'll check out the LinkedIn's "Scrum Practitioners"! Thanks so much for this helpful resource!

Suggest an answer