What counts as a user under Atlassian pricing tier?

McKenna Hogan May 16, 2024

Hi - I'm exploring app options in the Atlassian marketplace for my team. I noticed that a lot of apps are free for up to 10 "users." I did some research about what constitutes a "user", and it seems to be anyone who has access to the Jira project. Would a user also count as someone who can view the project but not make any changes to it? - like someone else in a different department?

My actual team consists of less than 10 people that would be actively using our sprint boards, however other people outside of our team would want to view the boards.

I also noticed that the attached screenshot says "Cloud Pricing" even though this particular app is available for Jira software as well, which is what we would be using. Does the pricing vary between Jira Cloud and Jira Software?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-16 084028.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, anyone who can log in to the system counts as an active user.  Their permissions to see or use any part of the system is irrelevant, it is just "can log in".

If your people in other departments need to log in to see your issues (even if they can't do anything else), they are counted as an active user.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Adding to this...

Concerning your last question about pricing, that varies depending on whether you are using the Cloud (SaaS) product or the Data Center (self-hosted) product. Choose that with this pull-down.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 7.59.49 AM.png

Great thanks so much for your help!

1 vote

*edit* - I now realize that we will have to move to Jira Cloud to download any apps. But the first part of my question still stands!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events