The Perfect Dashboard and Report

Catie Figueiro February 1, 2021

Here's the scenario. 

You're new at work and you need to create a report to send out to your team every week. 

Your team doesn't like to play around with different extensions and we have important other things to do. 

However, at the end of the week, you must send a report and the only thing you can think to do is screenshot Jira and paste those screenshots into an email. Eek! 

You need an extension for Jira (and you only get one shot!) that will be the simple solution to making your dash look colorful, and either 1.) Align your dashboard layout so that you can make screenshots easier OR 2.) allows you to send out a beautiful email of your dashboard. 

Which plugin for Jira should you recommend to your team? Remember you must make it simple for them as we don't want to "Try everything and then decide."

What is your recommendation? Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Catie Figueiro

I'm going to recommend you our app :) Ronin Dashboards for Jira comes with a set of pre-defined dashboard templates that allows any user to create a complete dashboard in just a minute. There're more than 60 gadgets, with integrations for Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence, Insight, Opsgenie, Statuspage... And some gadgets allows you to create your own charts (like the JQL Search gadget).

99b8ba58-dffb-41db-9bf7-fa76134596d6.jpeg

And you can create a public link to share with your team, so you don't need to take screenshots every week.

If you have questions, drop me a line to gorka at roninpixels dot com :)

Ariel Kauan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hello friend @Gorka Puente _Appfire_ , could you help me?
I add this gadget to my Jira instance. But it doesn't appear on my list of apps to use.
Do I need any authentication?

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Ariel Kauan

Of course I can help you :) If you want, we can do a quick video call to find out where's the problem. Send me an email to gorka at roninpixels dot com to arrange a meeting!

Like Sharon Helms likes this
Ariel Kauan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

I opened a ticket on your portal. To formalize, RS-26

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
March 25, 2021

Replied!

1 vote
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2021

Hi @Catie Figueiro ,

That's a good question! If you're looking for colorful nicely formatted dashboards natively in Jira then Custom Charts for Jira can help. This is an app we developed to allow users to quickly build and easily maintain their dashboard gadgets.

Highlight_Image2-Jira.png

You can try the app right now on our interactive app playground 🙂 

Hopefully that helps with your question.

Kind regards,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

Alex Ferreira November 24, 2021

Hola, la configuracion para el envio del panel via correo?

1 vote
Vicki Wilt February 5, 2021

My question I guess is why if you are new and have to learn what the team wants, you only have 1 shot to do anything?  Your dashboard can start out simple and then grow when the information doesn't meet needs or needs change. I use the Pie Chart  or Statistics for activity in process or 'what is happening now'. For history things I use the average age chart so I know we are getting through our backlog. I just recently started using Recently Created gadget because I want to know how many tickets our team leaves on the table each month.  I would email the dashboard link. Needs change and grow as the company changes and grows. Dashboards and information should too. HTH

0 votes
Sai_ManageEngine_AnalyticsPlus
Marketplace Partner
March 2, 2021

Hello Catie Figueiro,

If you're looking for an app that comes prebuilt with impactful dashboards (like the one below) you can start using right away, you should try the Analytics Plus app.

44e62da1-b67f-47f9-bb36-a0155dcc0973.png

Additionally, you can schedule report runs to share reports and dashboards with your entire team every week or any frequency of your choice. You can also share reports individually to specific team members with appropriate filters in place to ensure 100% data security.

If you're just getting started with creating dashboards for Jira and want to skip the tedious learning part, Analytics Plus app comes with an AI-assistant that helps you create powerful reports with voice or text commands. Just ask, 'Show me the workload distribution among all users?' to see a report like the one below.

0647e2ea-c105-4f43-b417-ba9983460513.png

These prebuilt dashboards are editable, and layout-free. So you can resize and shuffle them as you like to get impressive screenshots.

Disclaimer: I'm a product expert for Analytics Plus app.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223951

Suggest an answer