Stash as service fails to find mysql driver

Mohamad Refai February 21, 2013

Stash has been configured with mysql 5.5 at port 3307 on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. It has been confirmed to work properly when manually started from command line (repository created added as remote and pushed). The problem is that configuring it as a service appears to succeed and the service starts, however, when I attempt to connect to stash I get the following error:

--------------------------

A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:

The database, as currently configured, is not accessible.Stash is configured to use the mysql driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) but it is not available. Please follow the instructions to install the driver as per Connecting Stash to MySQL.

--------------------------

Any advice on what the issue might be? The driver (mysql-connector-java-5.1.23-bin.jar) is installed at <stash_home>/lib.

For the time being I have reverted to manual startup but that is not ideal.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamad Refai February 22, 2013

The problem is that the path for the connector jar (mysql-connector-java-5.1.x-bin.jar) needs to be <stash-installation-dir>/atlassian-stash/WEB_INF/lib when stash is started as a service (<stash-installation-dir>/lib might also work). The path <stash-home>/lib specified in the install guide works when stash is started from the console.

Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2013

I raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3163 to capture this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Suggest an answer