Setting Summary does not change issues listing summary

n0manarmy December 15, 2020

I have a scriptrunner post function that sets an issue's summary to values provided in the create stage. Its a simple issue.setSummary(collection of values toString()).

Post Function Code:

String mSummary = issue.getSummary()
//insight asset manager object
def customObject = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(ID)
Object customObjectValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customObject)
mSummary = customObjectValue.toString().replaceAll("\\[|\\]","")
issue.setSummary(mSummary)

When I open the Open Issues, all issues do not show what I've set the summaries by code, instead it shows the default summary "REPLACED_ON_CREATE".

However when if I click on an issue in the list the list object changes to show the summary value I've set in code and when I open the issue it shows correct values I've set by code.

EDIT:

If I refresh the Open Issues list, the summaries go back  to the default "REPLACED_ON_CREATE" value until I click on them again and they update to the values I set in code.

EDIT2:

Additionally, I cannot search on the values I've set for the summary in code. My search results ONLY return on the default value "REPLACED_ON_CREATE".

Example:

New issue -> default summary is "REPLACED_ON_CREATE" -> post function change to "Test Issue 1 catagory 1" -> Issue shows in list as KEY-### REPLACED_ON_CREATE -> click on issue and now shows as KEY-### "Test Issue 1 catagory 1" -> When searching no results show for "test" or "issue" or "catagory" or "Test Issue 1 catagory 1", only "REPLACED_ON_CREATE"

EDIT3:

Jira Workflow Toolbox's "copy a parsed text to a field" post function resolved my issue. I still don't know why the above code would not work within scriptrunner.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2020

I suspect the reason Scriptrunner did not appear to work is that you placed the post-function after the "reindex the issue" post-function, so the index (and heance searching and reporting) was holding the old value.

n0manarmy December 16, 2020

I had the script before the re-index but after the create step in the post function. I believe part of that was earlier versions of the code didn't work well until it was later in the steps. The cleaned up code works at as intended now if I place it before the create step.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer