Run test cases from JIRA that execute a query on a database

Marius Plavanescu September 26, 2019

Hello,

Pls tell me if there exists the posibility to implement following task in Jira: launch a test case that connect to a database, run a query on it and capture a boolean result (ex: 0 ro <> 0). Depending on that results I need to set status of test case in PASSED or FAILED.

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Marius Plavanescu September 30, 2019

Thanks Nic for sugestion,

My intention is to create a repository of test cases for testing a DW database. I have Zephyr addon for Jira where I can create test cases, but only manual ones. So, the script or automation apps (I don't know yet which) should run a test case that have as parameters: verifications script, several running parameters like p_effective_date, data_base, user/pass, then connect to that database, run the query script and interpret the results: 0 = PASSED, <>0 = FAILED. Unfortunately i don't have coding skils for Java (only PL/SQL) and therefore I'm looking for other tools that can connect to Zephyr addon or Jira to do that.

Thank you,

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2019

You can write code that can do that.  I would look for one of the scripting or automation apps to add that.

Suggest an answer