Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Provisioning Customer accounts from Azure AD

We have enabled Atlassian Access User Provisioning in Azure AD. The sync works fine for users/agents accounts. But, I am not sure how to sync JSD customer accounts from Azure to our Cloud site. Any idea how we can do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Veera Atlassian Team Feb 02, 2020

Hi @mohithb 

The customers can be provisioned directly from Azure to your Cloud site. The user provisioning works as below.

1. Users and groups are synced from IdP to your Atlassian organisation
  2. Your organisation’s directory syncs the users and groups to all associated Cloud sites
  3. Grant product access to the Groups in the Cloud sites.

For the customers, don't grant any product access (i.e., step 3) so that they will have site access and are treated as JSD customers.

Thanks @Veera 

Is it possible to add customers directly at the individual JSD project level from Azure?

Like Veera likes this
Veera Atlassian Team Feb 03, 2020

No, it’s not possible at the moment.

Where can I find the documentation for setup of provisioning customers from O365?

Wait. I read it a fourth time, and I think I got it. If you use GROUPS instead of individuals, the new members of the group will automatically have customer access?

We've recently released Jira User Sync/Provisioning plugin which provisioned all Users and groups from Cloud Identity provider(Azure AD) to Jira.

You can take a look: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222000/user-group-sync-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Here is the setup steps: https://plugins.miniorange.com/usersync-jira-using-azure-ad

Thanks,

Prakash

Hello Prakash, can this plugin create users in Azure from Jira, or can it only create users in Jira from Azure?

Hi @Sam,

For now, we support user creation in Jira from Azure AD. Can you please drop a mail at info@xecurify.com? We'll have further communication there.

Kind regards,

Prakash

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you