Provisioning Customer accounts from Azure AD

mohithb January 31, 2020

We have enabled Atlassian Access User Provisioning in Azure AD. The sync works fine for users/agents accounts. But, I am not sure how to sync JSD customer accounts from Azure to our Cloud site. Any idea how we can do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2020

Hi @mohithb 

The customers can be provisioned directly from Azure to your Cloud site. The user provisioning works as below.

1. Users and groups are synced from IdP to your Atlassian organisation
  2. Your organisation’s directory syncs the users and groups to all associated Cloud sites
  3. Grant product access to the Groups in the Cloud sites.

For the customers, don't grant any product access (i.e., step 3) so that they will have site access and are treated as JSD customers.

mohithb February 3, 2020

Thanks @Veera 

Is it possible to add customers directly at the individual JSD project level from Azure?

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

No, it’s not possible at the moment.

Like Kalin U likes this
rklarr May 20, 2020

Where can I find the documentation for setup of provisioning customers from O365?

rklarr May 20, 2020

Wait. I read it a fourth time, and I think I got it. If you use GROUPS instead of individuals, the new members of the group will automatically have customer access?

0 votes
Prakash Kumar March 16, 2020

We've recently released Jira User Sync/Provisioning plugin which provisioned all Users and groups from Cloud Identity provider(Azure AD) to Jira.

You can take a look: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222000/user-group-sync-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Here is the setup steps: https://plugins.miniorange.com/usersync-jira-using-azure-ad

Thanks,

Prakash

Sam April 8, 2020

Hello Prakash, can this plugin create users in Azure from Jira, or can it only create users in Jira from Azure?

Prakash Kumar April 8, 2020

Hi @Sam,

For now, we support user creation in Jira from Azure AD. Can you please drop a mail at info@xecurify.com? We'll have further communication there.

Kind regards,

Prakash

Suggest an answer