License expiration

Oleksandr Pavlov September 14, 2022

Hi, community! For example, I will install Jira Service Management Application, so in fact I will have Jira Core and Jira Service Management that actually embedded into Jira Core and those both are indivisible whole. And my question is whether such condition is possible when we have both licence for Jira Service Management and Jira Core expired and if so, what will be? Will the user still able to log in?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @Oleksandr Pavlov 

It will depends if you are using a Server ou Data Center version.

With Server it should keep working but you wil not have support anymore.

If you are in DC, you will lost feature bring by the application, so if both are expire you JIRA will be read only.

Oleksandr Pavlov September 15, 2022

Thank you a lot for your response! It becomes more clear for me, but not till the end. So, for example, I will install Jira Service Desk of latest version, then I will past the licence to cover Jira Service Desk Application. As I understand correctly from this moment, my Jira Core and Jira Service Desk Applications are licensed (because now we are not able to license Jira Core separately as I know).

Question: 
So, when my licence for Jira Service Desk will expire, should I suppose that my Jira Core licence will also expire?

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

From the app perspective you should be able to license both JIRA Core and JIRA Service Desk.

But, Server version are no longer available to purchase and if you are in DC, DC do not offer JIRA Core licenses I think. So if you have a 500 licenses JSD (JSM) and it's the only license you have, everything will be expired. So in DC you will not be able to create any issue anymore.

Suggest an answer