Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira unroganizing my tasks in the Gantt Chart

hello, I am fairly new to Jira and have been organizing a project I am working on. I now find that on my Gantt chart my tasks are no longer in order. Jira seems to do this when i refresh my browser and loses the logical order. 

Does anyone know what Jira is utilizing to organize this and how to avoid this issue?

2 answers

Hi @Alejandro Sanchez

There are s few plugins like eazybi, structure, bugpicture that provide you with the gantt view functionality.  Out of the box  jira doesn't have this feature. 

The other option is to have a start date custom field and create a filter that orders bt date in ascending order.

Cheers 

Hi @Fabian Lim ,
Thanks for suggesting "eazyBI for the Jira" app. 
Yes, eazyBI includes a default Gantt chart that can create the chart based in issue hierarchy, here is an example from the eazyBI demo account: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/78204-issue-epic-gantt-chart

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Hi, @Alejandro Sanchez. Welcome to the community!

I agree with @Fabian Lim. Jira, "out of the box," doesn't include built-in Gantt capability. 

However, there are a number of options, including Atlassian's own <Advanced> Roadmaps. It includes something they describe as a "Gantt-like feature." You'll have to tell us which one you are using. And, whether you are on Jira Cloud or some other platform.

As Fabian points out, there are a number of Gantt options in the Atlassian Marketplace, including those he listed (and more):

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&query=Gantt

Regards,

-dave [ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you