Jira/Sharepoint Integration

Jack Sischo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2020

Is it possible to create a Sharepoint folder in a document library that is a unique folder specific to a new Jira ticket when it is created?

2 answers

0 votes
Klaida Sulko April 20, 2023

Hi 

I'm not sure exactly what your use case is, but I would suggest you give a try to SharePoint Connector for Jira, which has just been released! If you are looking to integrate Jira with SharePoint try to use this app.

Here there are some of its features:

• Easily insert documents located in SharePoint Online and OneDrive into Jira. 

• End the feeling of confusion & the tedious cycle of downloading, editing, and uploading files. 
  • Connect documents in real time and keep them always updated.

If you have any questions, feel free to request a demo or contact our support team.

Cheers,

Klaida Sulko

Communardo Products GmbH

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

(I don't know if your use case is actually the same as this one, but it seems it is. So I copy the answer also here.)

I'm not sure if Sharepoint can pick the files from the filesystem or from email, but if any of these channels work, then you can do this:

1. Use the Better PDF Exporter app (to take care of the document generation)
  2. Use the Better PDF Automation app (to provide the automation actions)
  3. Use the Automation for Jira app and create an automation rule which...
    1. Is started at the "issue closed" events
    2. Creates the PDF and writes that to the file system (or emails that)
  4. Use SharePoint to pick up the file produced by point 3

See this tutorial video: http://youtu.be/sdt5wWrvy8k?autoplay=1

Also see this tutorial article: https://www.midori-global.com/products/better-pdf-automation-for-jira/server/documentation/

Suggest an answer