Is there a way to export settings from another Jira board automatically into yours?

Deleted user November 26, 2020

I have created a free Jira as I have only 10 people, now my customer would like to export the project/sprints into his paid Jira.
Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @[deleted],

There are definitely ways, but they won't necessarily be easy.

• If your client's Jira is a virgin instance with nothing in it, you could backup / restore your entire Jira (but I guess that scenario is unlikely)
  • You could export your project data to csv and import the csv data into you customer Jira, but be aware that the project the data will be imported into needs to be created and configured upfront in you client's instance and that you may lose some historic data in the process (like sprints e.g.)
  • You could also backup the data from Cloud for server, setup a Jira Server instance to restore them into and use the server to cloud migration assistant to migrate them back into the cloud instance of your customer (most complete option, but probably huge overkill for migrating a single project)

If I understand your question well, csv export / import may be the best option.  Read the documentation thoroughly before you begin:

Deleted user November 26, 2020

Much obliged I will have a look into this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events