I forget my login id and password

Atanu Banerjee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2021

when i do forget user name and password but reset mail not come

banerjeeatanu690@gmail.com is my mail id

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Atanu Banerjee

This post has been tagged as "server". Are you sure you are on Jira server and not on Jira Cloud?

If your Jira URL ends with "atlassian.net" you are on Cloud and you could contact Atlassian support to ask why you're not getting the email.
Otherwise you are on server and you will have to ask your Jira administrator to reset your password. There can be many reasons why you are not getting an email.

Atanu Banerjee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2021

No its local host 8080

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Ok then you're definitely on Jira server.

You can only get a password reset email if you configured an outgoing mail server.

Are you the admin of that Jira instance?
You can set an admin password with the recovery method described on Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights 
This involves setting a JVM property and restarting Jira.

Suggest an answer