I don't understand this

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2020

It seems that I have to create a commit in my repository before I have link it with my project. Why can't I already link the repository / jira project?

I have created a new issue in jira but don't yet have a commit to associate it with.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2020

Hello @ChuckieAJ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm if you already linked Bitbucket to Jira. 

I'm asking because when both are linked, it will show the Development panel on each ticket in Jira where you can see the commits. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 13.39.59.png

We created a workshop a while ago about integrating Jira with Bitbucket. You can use the steps of the workshop in order to make sure everything is linked and working as expected.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2020

Hello @ChuckieAJ 

Can you specify your issue in more detail? Do you want to add an assignee? 

Please, answer and I'll try to help you

0 votes
Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Issue types distinguish different types of work in unique ways, and help you identify, categorize, and report on your team’s work across your Jira site. else specify the question in detail

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events