How to view the completed sprint in JIRA ?

Prakhar Jagariya May 24, 2018

Hello All,

We have recently migrated on JIRA software for Project Management.

Currently, I am trying to find out the way to view the Sprint which are closed.

I have completed 2 sprints and they just disappeared.

What is the way to view those Sprint ?

I have tried to find solution on many pages it just says to check the report,whereas i am not able to find where the reports are located ?

can someone please help me in this  ?

8 answers

21 votes
Vikram Ingleshwar July 4, 2021

This is really bad quality UX from JIRA team, neither can you easily goto Completed sprint nor completed tickets.

I wish if they can hire better designers to fix common problems

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

If you have some good ideas you might wish to share them via the Feedback link within the application. My experience has been that they appreciate the feedback.

Like # people like this
Robert Kent McArthur
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2021

@Vikram. Totally Agree

Too difficult to find intuitively needed things. Like completed sprints or the status of my and teams stories without filtering.

Like # people like this
Tay Wee Kiat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2022

agree... i have this same problem so i googled on how to view completed sprints and leading me to this page...

but the problem with the sprint report is that it doesn't seems to list all the sub-tasks in that sprints... only the parent issues...

It would have been better if we can look at past sprints from the "Active Sprints" UI... because the UI for that section everyone is more familiar with since we view it daily... just having a drop down to select the sprint and showing the similar layout would be better... except the columns can show something like closed, cancelled, moved (to different sprint)..

Like # people like this
Bisser Milanov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2022

I would say this is a very good idea. I agree this is a terrible user experience. The designer is missing common sense. I have like 30 years of software development experience and this is close to the worst I have seen. I think only Google beats them.

Replace the designer, please.

Like # people like this
Tope Kade
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 15, 2022

Wow! I believe you can give constructive feedbacks without too many unkind words! 

Like # people like this
5 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

go to project > reports. there are a number of reports that you can view completed sprints.

lewis.miles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 27, 2020

is the above still the case?  I can't find reports ?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2020

Share a image of what you are seeing

Like Gus Cometto likes this
lewis.miles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 27, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 10.33.31 am.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2020

So the issue here is that you are on Next-gen and the Reports feature is not enabled. Moreover, as you don’t see Project settings in the sidebar it says that you are not the admin of the project so cannot enable. See if you can find the owner of the project and ask them to enable.

Like # people like this
Voyager Tech
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 8, 2020

Thanks, it helped me I enabled reports in project settings.

Mukesh Taneja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2021

Thanks. I also enabled the Reports in JIRA. 

One question though. Is it possible to move the Completed Sprint to Uncomplete again?

Like # people like this
Shaiket Das May 21, 2021

Thanks, this thread helped me as well.

Girish
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2021

Thanks, this was very useful and helped to enable reports in JIRA.

Also, is their an easy way to search contents in closed sprints?

selina suarez May 29, 2022

@Yuxin Chen @Yuxin Cheng  Hey Yuxin I found this: 

Jira Snap.png

Like # people like this
Alfi Ainiwaer 艾非拉_艾尼瓦尔 _ASWG - Contract project manager - GIT TECHLab_ China_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 28, 2023

i am able to find it in the "Sprint report" under the Reports at left side bar.

2 votes
Joshua Bloom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 22, 2021

Reports should be default. Why do I have to go to a hidden menu to enable it? Makes no sense 

1 vote
Sofia Ocampo Orozco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2023

Informes > informe de trabajo completado >selecionar sprint (pestaña desplegable) > 3 puntos > abrir sprint

1 vote
Sanzir Alam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 28, 2022

I have also faced the same issue, and got to figure out a way to check the closed, blocked, backlog and all other old tickets.

1. From the current story board page

go to JIRA home page--> click on Boards--> click on Your Team's/Project's Story Board--> click on "View in Issue Navigator" button (next to the header highlighting your present Sprint Number)--> and then apply the required filters like Project, Type, Status, Assignee, Sprint.

2. On the JIRA home page there are Headers like dashboard, Projects, Issues, Boards, Plans, Tests.

Go to Issues--> Search Issues --> In the Search page use the filters like Project, Type, Status, Assignee to get the desired result

Hope this helps

0 votes
Sistemas TI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 1, 2024

You can see the old incidents or sprint if you select the "Incidents" option in the left menu, after that you should serach "sprint" in the option filter "more", with that you generate a new filter with the specific information any sprint

0 votes
George Santos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 1, 2023

Edit: Just saw the mentioned method was provided above 😄

Hi, 

Not sure if a solution is still needed for this. But the suggested steps in the following link helped me to reopen completed sprints: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-I-access-previous-sprint/qaq-p/2078586

I hope this helps. 

Take care, 

George

0 votes
Danny Derks August 19, 2022

I used a different Jira version in a previous company (think it was an on premises server).. 
If I remember correctly all sprints were viewable on the backlog (old ones, active ones, and prepared ones..). Old sprints were 'collapsed' by default. 
That was a very intuitive interface that required no searching at all. It even had Re-open buttons in the same interface if I'm not mistaken... 
Now I'm using Jira cloud version (as admin).. would love to get back this kinda function, or maybe just a 'button' of previous sprints in the lefthand menu on the project page.

Suggest an answer