How to migrate projects from Monday.com into Jira Projects?

Deleted user May 21, 2020

Hello,

I need help figuring out how to migrate existing projects from Monday.com to Jira's projects. I do not want to integrate because I will not be using Monday once everything has been moved. I would like to bulk upload if possible. The only answers I found looking this up were for creating issues and that is not what I want to do.

Thank you

3 answers

1 vote
Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ January 9, 2022

Hi!

I see that the user here was deleted, but I'm sure more people will have this issue.

We've launched an app to help you migrate from Monday.com to Jira (with attachments, comments, custom fields, statuses, and so on)

The app is available here (If you need DC/On-Prem version, it's available directly from us for now): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225780/monday-com-jira-integration-2-way-sync-migration, you can also read more about us here.

Or reach out to me directly jacek@getint.io. 

deepthi reddy March 15, 2022

@Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ I see this works for Integration. But does this help to migrate the entire instance of a company from Monday.com to Atlassian Jira Cloud? I just want to confirm if this is just used for Integration or we could use it even for the migration. 

Like # people like this
Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ March 16, 2022

Hi @deepthi reddy , sure - we can do migrations too.

I can show you the demo, and how to prepare yourself for the whole migration project :)

Like # people like this
deepthi reddy March 16, 2022

Hello @Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ ,

Thanks for confirming. Sounds great! You could then share a link to the documentation/demo video if you have it handy.

Like deepthi reddy likes this
Marcelo Ignacio Cid Abud August 10, 2022

Hi @Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ 

It is possible to migrate from Jira to monday according to a specific field, that is:

If I have 5 projects that share a common field (dropdown list) called "Test" and that field has the same "Project" information in 10 tickets, is it possible to migrate those 10 tickets to a monday project?

Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ August 10, 2022

Hi @Marcelo Ignacio Cid Abud ! Thanks for your question. Yes, it can be done using custom JQL option . 

Marcelo Ignacio Cid Abud August 10, 2022

@Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ 

Hi,

Is it possible to create a video? I have downloaded the app in my sandbox environment but I have not been successful.

The idea is: I want to bring from X projects all the epics that have the project name in the epic type field

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2020

Hello @[deleted]

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, I believe there is no inbuilt import functionality to migrate data from Monday.com to Jira.

After investigating the export features from Monday.com, I believe the best way to migrate your data to Jira would be by CSV (Excel) export/import. These would be the steps:

1. Export your items from Monday.com to a CSV, following the guide below:
    Export to Excel - Monday.com 
  2. Import the file to your Jira application, properly edit it in the way you need (If necessary):
    Importing data from CSV - Jira Cloud
    Importing data from CSV - Jira Server 

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Isabella Costa August 31, 2023

Hey,

Is it possible to migrate the automations from Monday.com to Jira Cloud too?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events