How to clear old items out of the "Done" column

Aaron Boushley July 25, 2018

I'm trying to figure out the best way to cleanup the Done column for my team using an Agility board.

We have a pretty sizeable stack of issues building up in our Done column and need to figure out how to clear it out in some way.

This may be related to my other question about how to set resolution: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility-questions/Is-it-possible-to-set-resolution-with-a-column-rule/qaq-p/852622

Although I'd prefer a way to manually clear the column (we can do it during sprint retrospective or planning). Or the ability for issues to fade out of that column after a week or so.

Any way to do this that I'm just not finding yet?

Aaron

28 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the manual board clearing feature is generally available to everyone!

See our community announcement here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Introducing-manual-board-clearing-for-your-next-gen-Kanban-board/ba-p/1411958

Looking forward to hearing more about how you're using this feature!

Regards,

Ivan Teong

Product Manager, Jira Software

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

Hi

If I clear them, will I still be able to view them some how?

I prefer them in an archive off screen. Possible?

Like # people like this
julia.simon@datadoghq.com May 17, 2023

Hallo, is there a way to create a rule to automate clearing on a schedule?

8 votes
Victoria April 16, 2019

Is there an update on this anyone from the next gen team? 

We are kicking things off with our next gen project and are importing from our old boards. It is very cluttered and doesn't help that there is no control for users to decide when _they_ want their DONE column cleared. 

Why should a fixed algorithm set by the system decide that? Kind of goes against the teams' autonomy in Agile to clear/change their boards. 

So would be amazing to see this feature in play. 

Hope someone has an idea re timing for this. 

Ta.

Victoria

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2020

Thanks for giving us feedback about this. We are currently working on designing the right solution to help you manage your board!

• Would you be available to have a chat with us for 1 hour next week between 27th February - 3rd March (AEST time)?

• As a thank you for your time, we will send through an e-gift voucher after the session.

If you're keen, please refer to the below calendly link.

https://calendly.com/iteong/jira-software-next-gen?month=2020-02

Please remember to:

1. Change your timezone in the bottom of Calendly and sync your calendar when you book a time.

2. Answer the screener questions so we have a brief profile of you.

3. Be ready to share your screen through Zoom when we chat.

Regards,

Ivan Teong

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Victoria Schiffer 

You'd be pleased to know that we have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

6 votes
Frederic MEYER May 29, 2019

A real shame I can say.

I'm losing all credibility with my customers just because of this.

I can't understand why there is still no news from Atlassian about this - not to mention other key features that are missing and that users are desperately requesting (like editing the notification scheme).

I'm afraid I'll have to spend hours to migrate and fall back to the old project template.

Just arrrgh.

I was in love with your products and your company. Seems the Trello thing made you forget your fundamentals.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
February 18, 2020

Thanks for giving us feedback about this. We are currently working on designing the right solution to help you manage your board!

• Would you be available to have a chat with us for 1 hour next week between 27th February - 3rd March (AEST time)?

• As a thank you for your time, we will send through an e-gift voucher after the session.

Please remember to:

1. Change your timezone in the bottom of Calendly and sync your calendar when you book a time.

2. Answer the screener questions so we have a brief profile of you.

3. Be ready to share your screen through Zoom when we chat.

Regards,

Ivan Teong

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Frederic MEYER 

You'd be pleased to know that we have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

4 votes
Asher Snyder May 1, 2019

Really shameful. It's now May 2019 and you still don't have a basic JQL filtering. This would take all of a day for atlassian to implement considering you already have the JQL language notation and mappings to the new internals of next-jen. This is honestly an egg on JIRA's face and I'm sick of having to constantly explain features away as "coming soon".  Seems users are stuck in either an unwieldy but useful JIRA classic, or a more intuitive but nearly unusable next-gen. Next-gen is nearly unusable and an embarrassment for such a large and resourceful company. 

Maybe spend less time on Trello and more time on one of your core tools. 

Yassine Belmamoun May 24, 2019

I totally agree with you.

I've been very happy using Trello (for free) but it's limited in terms of grouping by Epic, Creating links between issues, etc.

I am not going to use classic Jira for sure. The limitation of next-gen Jira are way too many.

Any other solution to recommend for Kanban? @Asher Snyder 

Asher Snyder June 17, 2019

@Yassine Belmamoun yes, I real like https://www.targetprocess.com. One of the easiest and most flexible alternatives to JIRA I've found. They even started to integrate into JIRA so you can mirror/group JIRA data sources better, but it's completely unnecessary and is solid on its own.

Allows for multiple boards/views of the same data, as well as allows for individual views, central views, custom cards, card sizes, groupings, workflows, etc. Unfortunately for many companies moving away from Atlassian is too much or too risky, so I tend to use it personally or for smaller projects/companies, but if I could I would use it for everything.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Asher Snyder 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

3 votes
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2018

Update on this issue Dec/16/2019 :

All the interview slots have now closed. Hope I can come back with some good news soon!

Update on this issue Dec/13/2019 : 

Hi everyone, my apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap.

In the meantime, our team has been busy working on solving this problem for you. As a matter of fact, we're trying to solve this more holistically across board, backlog, and roadmap. We've got some prototypes in place and we'd love to get your input.

If you're interested, please find some time here. As a thank you for your time, we'll provide $100 giftcard. We'll only be taking 3 participants by next Wednesday, so sign up! 

Hi @Aaron Boushley

Agility project is set up to automatically remove issues in the last column every 14 days to help teams manage completed work. You can search for removed issues by simply clicking "Looking for older issue?" button at the bottom of your last column.

We are also looking into how we can give manual controls to users. If you'd like to give your input, please follow this link to set up some time with us. We'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian product manager

Aaron Boushley July 26, 2018

Is this documented somewhere? I was trying to figure this out, and having it be clear when things are on the board seems like a pretty important quality.

Aaron Boushley July 26, 2018

Also, the link you provided doesn't work :/

"The page you are looking for could not be found
Please make sure that you've typed in the URL correctly"

Ricardo July 30, 2018

I agree with @Aaron Boushley, I have never seen that documented, and I would prefer to set my own rule as to when it should be removed from _Done_, even if this is a manual step.

Like # people like this
Stephen Pool October 27, 2018

Any update on this?- this is completely ruining the Next Gen board for me.

Like # people like this
Jezz_Dalgarno November 8, 2018

Same, I migrated (manually) to next gen and currently have 1000 items in the Done col, the perf of the board is seriously slow and I have to wait two weeks for it to resolve itself? Oof.

Like # people like this
Jarrod Johnson November 9, 2018

What @Stephen Pool said. This is a really annoying "feature". @Erika Sa can you please provide an update? It's been 3+ months since your first. 

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2018

@Jarrod Johnson Apologies for the delay. We've been working hard on prioritising feature that'd provide the most value to majority of the users, and this sits on the near-term roadmap. It will be coming in a few months. We will keep you updated on this. 

Ivan Moskalev December 30, 2018

@Erika Sa Hello! Is there a bit more clarity about the time frame for this feature? It was a major showstopper for Kanban-based workflow on my team – too much clutter in the Done column.

Like # people like this
Ari Bouius January 15, 2019

Any update on this?  We are also experiencing a major headache due to the overwhelming size of our "Done" column.  

Like Ilana Bracale likes this
Jezz_Dalgarno January 15, 2019

The 1000 items I migrated from another project never cleared from the done col, even after months. Only newly created items would clear, the board was unusable (due to poor perf), in the end I had to give up and move back to the old project.

Like Matthias likes this
Daniel Kennedy January 28, 2019

@Erika Sa Any update, this is a really important issue for a lot of people.

Like # people like this
Kim Alders March 9, 2019

I would also love to be able to clear the issues from the resolved column.

Like Miguel Piedrahita likes this
Sean Carty March 13, 2019

Y'all think it will make it to a full year of them just ignoring the issue? 4 months to go...

Like # people like this
Oğuz Demirkapı March 19, 2019

+1 here. Atlassian, we are the customer! A basic feature request and waiting for months? 

Like # people like this
Sofie Van Opstal March 20, 2019

I think I fixed it for now by modifying the JQL. Surely you guys have did the same thing but I struggled on getting the () right. So maybe this helps some of the newbies. 

(project = yourProject and status not in ("done", "closed")) or (project = yourProject  and status in ("done", "closed") and updated >= -4W) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Like Alexander Gertz likes this
Alexander Gertz March 22, 2019

@Sofie Van OpstalHow would I change the JQL for a next-gen board/project?

Like # people like this
Jeff September 6, 2019

How the hell do you do this? Next Gen has been awful for reasons like this. Why is this an accepted answer?

Like # people like this
Asher Snyder September 6, 2019

@Sofie Van Opstalthere's NO options for JQL at the moment for next-gen projects, unless you're privy to something we're not. This is the whole point of this question :).

Like # people like this
Tom Cunliffe September 20, 2019

@Erika Sa 

I bulk imported several hundred issues, many of which had status DONE.

This meant that there were several hundred issues in the DONE column (which is the right most column of the board).

I read this post shortly after importing the issues, and assumed that the DONE issues would automatically disappear after 14 days, as stated.

I still have over 100 issues in the DONE column. All of them have been there for 15 days.

Of course, they are also still in the Board section of the Backlog view. As I'm sure you can imagine, this is frustrating for my team.

I had to work hard to get JIRA adopted, and used the Next-gen functionality to convince the team it was the right choice.

Please:

• Clarify/correct the information you provided above
  • Inform us of any workarounds to overcome this issue
Like Matthias likes this
Henrik Bjerke November 6, 2019

@Erika Sa any update on this? Does this still sit on the near-term roadmap or has it been scoped out?

Like # people like this
Jo Magno November 17, 2019

We're experiencing the same problem where, after >14 days, issues in the DONE column don't disappear. 

Cord Slatton December 12, 2019

Jira - it is really ridiculous to ignore this thread for so long, this is a very basic feature request that makes the next gen boards useable for many that currently cannot use them...

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hi everyone, my apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap.

In the meantime, our team has been busy working on solving this problem for you. As a matter of fact, we're trying to solve this more holistically across board, backlog, and roadmap. We've got some prototypes in place and we'd love to get your input.

If you're interested, please find some time here . As a thank you for your time, we'll provide $100 giftcard. We'll only be taking 3 participants by next Wednesday, so sign up! 

Update : interview slots are now closed 

Kristin Fuller January 14, 2020

@Erika Sa What is the status on this issue?  Were you able to find a work around? 

Sam Dayani January 29, 2020

same copy-paste BS answer that they drop in other topics .... 

Like Sara Senn likes this
demelza.green January 30, 2020

@Erika Sa Just signed up to the next-gen project and I am also encountering this issue. I am using the Backlog feature, which is totally cluttered up with Done items. Backlog with Kanban on the original projects is much better whereby it only displays the items in the first selected column/status in the backlog, and when transitioned on the board, is removed from the backlog view.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
February 18, 2020

• Would you be available to have a chat with us for 1 hour next week between 27th February - 3rd March (AEST time)?

Please remember to:

1. Change your timezone in the bottom of Calendly and sync your calendar when you book a time.

2. Answer the screener questions so we have a brief profile of you.

3. Be ready to share your screen through Zoom when we chat.

Regards,

Ivan Teong

Serge Ku March 7, 2020

any updates on this issue? I see that you guys were very busy releasing super important features. But how do we suppose to work on a super slow dashboard because of all the clutter?

Please take care of performance issues as well while you hopefully looking at it. :(

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi everyone!

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

2 votes
Deleted user August 21, 2019

Jira, can you please respond here. We can't use the Next Gen projects if done items are never removed. This seems pretty basic?

Casi August 22, 2019

I'm not an Atlassian rep, but just to clarify -- in next-gen projects, issues in the Done column get hidden after 14 days in that column. The hidden issues can still be found in several ways (e.g., searching for issues), but they don't clutter up the board.

This probably works well for slow-moving projects, but it means that our team often has 10 issues in To Do, 5 issues in In Progress, 5 issues in RFR, and 110 issues in Done :( 

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @[deleted] @Casi 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

2 votes
Casi August 20, 2019

It's extremely frustrating that this still hasn't been implemented (especially because it's one on a long list of next-gen features that I'd have expected to be done long ago). Atlassian seems to have dramatically under-allocated dev resources to this project, considering how gung-ho they've been about encouraging users to convert. I was the Jira champion at my organization when we migrated from Pivotal about 9 months ago, but if I could go back in time, I think we'd have chosen a competitor instead. 

2 votes
Yassine Belmamoun May 24, 2019

Hi guys,

Reading the thread, I can see that @Erika Sa published in November 12th, 2019:

"We've been working hard on prioritising feature that'd provide the most value to majority of the users, and this sits on the near-term roadmap. It will be coming in a few months. We will keep you updated on this."

It's been 7 months since and it is still not there.

I am considering now moving back to another solution.

Eli Goldberg June 17, 2019

You mean November 12th 2018?
I'm currently reading this in Jun 17, 2019 and the date you wrote is in the future :)

But you're right, what's up with this? Seems super critical and it takes them a year to deliver?

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Yassine Belmamoun @Eli Goldberg 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Mick C May 19, 2020

I thought I got around this by creating releases, putting issues into the release and then releasing them.

Nope.

This is REALLY REALLY annoying.

I'm all for "release early" and "ship to learn" etc but I feel like that kinda LEAN thinking is better for startups and early stage companies. You shouldn't roll out half baked stuff when you have millions and millions of users who are paying a fortune to use your software.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Mick C

We have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
hanan March 16, 2020

Hi all,

I developed a Chrome extension that adds a button to toggle "done issues" in the backlog page. Please tell me if you want this feature in others pages.

You can download the extension from here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pebibcpnlejpoannidlmfhbfhgjbhpoi/publish-accepted?authuser=0&hl=en

Have a nice and healthy day

Ilana Bracale March 16, 2020

Thanks for your effort, but working in security, I CANNOT simply install a plugin and pray for your good intentions.

I hope Atlassian does its work and provide us with a GOOD AND SOON SOLUTION on this matter.

As of now, I've done this:

Go to, Board Settings -> Quick Filters

Then, Name field= Only See Done >4W

Then, JQL field= project = IVM AND status not in (done, closed) OR project = IVM AND status in (done, closed) AND updated >= -4W ORDER BY Rank ASC

Then, Add.

Go back to your Kanban Board, aside the pictures of your team, there will be 'quick filters', click on that and then click on "Only See Done >4W".

So if you have a meeting, you show only the necessary. Remember that you can substitute 4W, by more or less = 1W.

hanan March 16, 2020

Hi Ilana,

There is no security issue, it's an open-source extension you can see the code in here: https://github.com/hanrok/jiraDone if you are still afraid you can just download the code and install it yourself.

In addition, this all post is talking about next-gen project which you cannot just add filters, especially to the backlog page (or I didn't find the way to do it) so I did a quick and dirty job to make it happen.

Like # people like this
Matthias March 23, 2020

This is an awesome temporarily solution! I hust thought today about that issue and boom you are alive saver. Thank you!

Like # people like this
hanan March 24, 2020

My pleasure :)
You are more than welcome to tell me if there is any bug / create a PR in the Github repo that solve it.

Janet April 29, 2020

Thaaanks! works great. If we could have it on the board page that'd be amazing too :) 

hanan April 29, 2020

Enjoiy :)

You can contribute to the project by creating PR in the Github repo above. I wouldn't get to it right now..

1 vote
jonas.strassel March 3, 2020

While we're okay with the auto archiving after a time period, I think we should:
1. be able to determine that period ourselves.
2. more importantly: manually archive/unarchive stuff.

This currently is a pain while only having 39 issues in done and this already takes to scroll forever.

hanan March 4, 2020

Unfortunately, Atlassian doesn't care about this issue, maybe because this thread marked as "solved" and no one from Atlassian would ever bother to get into it and take a look.

Brian Beggs March 4, 2020

I would like to +1 this. Being able to adjust the age off time myself would be helpful. Even better would be a button to do it. Even though my team works Kanban we still hold a retro every 2 weeks. It would help so much if we could see what was done in the past 2 weeks and just be able to purge the old tickets during meeting.

Like # people like this
jonas.strassel April 1, 2020

Dueto this not being solved, we started migrating away from Atlassian alltogether. All the platforms, be it confluence, nex-gen boards or the helpdesk are are laggy, expensive, annoying and missing the most basic features while providing much too many high level management-bs-tools, smaller teams (and lets be honest: bigger teams too) don't need.

This was a classical "nail in the coffin" situation, that started by moving away from markdown.

```
because this isn't a tool for devs anymore, but another bloated bureaucracy-monster
```

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2020

Hi @jonas.strassel ! I'm sorry to hear about this problem causing you such pain. My team is actually working on the ability to manually clear issues from the DONE column right now!

I hope that you can reconsider your decision to migrate away from Atlassian! If you wish, we can arrange for a call to go through your pain points if that helps!

Regards,

Ivan T

hanan April 1, 2020

Hi,

you can see my other comment on this thread. I developed an open-source Chrome extension that "clear" the done items from the backlog view. 

You can download the extension from here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pebibcpnlejpoannidlmfhbfhgjbhpoi/publish-accepted?authuser=0&hl=en

We can't wait for Attlasian, they are too slow on this issue.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @jonas.strassel and @Brian Beggs

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
hanan January 28, 2020

@Aaron Boushley Can you please remove the "Answer Accepted" of Attalasian support comment? I think it will make them to refer this issue more quickly. We all waiting more than 2 years for a real solution.

1 vote
Gayan Kalhara January 13, 2020

Any update on this? It's being a long time since this issue is originally posted. There's no way to clear up the DONE issues from the list still. Please suggest if any workaround is there.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Gayan Kalhara

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Shmulik Ahituv December 11, 2019

This is insane!
tons of complaints, endless 'Done' column in board view, hundreds of items in backlog  and no official response from Atlassian for over a year now.
Maybe they are using next-gen project internally for developing next-gen and cant find the issue for this feature because Done issues are NOT being removed :{

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hi Shmulik, my apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap.

If you're interested, please find some time here. As a thank you for your time, we'll provide $100 giftcard. We'll only be taking 3 participants by next Wednesday, so sign up! 

Update : interview slots have now filled up and closed.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Shmulik Ahituv 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Ted Henry December 2, 2019

Just want to continue to nudge this along.  This really needs to be fixed.

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hi Ted, my apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap.

If you're interested, please find some time here . As a thank you for your time, we'll provide $100 giftcard. We'll only be taking 3 participants by next Wednesday, so sign up! 

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Ted Henry 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Lukas Obermann November 28, 2019

I also have to say that this is an issue for us. Tho the we only have one project we start with a next-gen board, the simple fact that I can not just "release" the issues from the done column, which is possible in a normal kanban board, is starting to become an issue for us as the board starts to clutter.

Thinking about moving back to a normal board as I do not see any benefits currently on next-gen.

hanan November 28, 2019

The next-gen has the Roadmap feature that is so missing for us in the old version of projects. But we can't move to next-gen project because of this issue thread..

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Lukas Obermann 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Danilo June 14, 2019

Hi, I am just moving to this next-generation project. Probably I should turn around to classic projects because I don't want to have my "done" Column crowded with past issues. 
Atlassian, is that right? 

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Danilo 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Thomas Norman May 7, 2019

Hi,

Any update on this?

We have moved to the Next-Gen Projects and want to use Kanban, however due to an increasingly large Done pile we are going to have to transition to Sprints so that when we mark as 'Complete' the Done items disappear.

We would prefer to work Kanban but this limitation is preventing us from doing so.

Thanks,

Thomas

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Thomas Norman 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

1 vote
Elena Vladimirova April 3, 2019

I think this will be the dealbreaker for not using a next-gen project - apart from the difficult Epic use (can't add any children tasks easily) and the slower loading UI.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Elena Vladimirova 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

0 votes
Deleted user June 10, 2020

Hi everyone! 

I recently had to move my whole project from 1 organisation to another which means that I also migrated all the tickets that have already been completed. Currently there are 500 tickets in the "done" column and its making the board super slow. Previously, tickets would disappear off the board after two weeks in the "done" column. This does not seem to be the case anymore. What can I do to get rid of all these old tickets. 

Thanks!  

0 votes
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi everyone!

You'd be pleased to know that we have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access.

If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

Felix Hüneburg May 23, 2020

Hi @Ivan Teong , 

Thank you.

I'd hate to sound ungrateful but unsurprisingly putting my email address into a Google Form seems to be quite different than actually receiving a useable solution?

When will this magical rollout occur exactly?

Best,

Felix

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2020

Hi @Felix Hüneburg 

We are rolling out to early access customers next week. Register if you want to get to use it before everyone! :)

Regards,

Ivan

Like Felix Hüneburg likes this
Serge Ku May 23, 2020

Alleluia

Like Felix Hüneburg likes this
Michael Davis June 11, 2020

@Ivan TeongCan I still sign up for this? The link says no more registrations, but I would love to be able to try out this feature

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
June 11, 2020

@Michael Davis Sorry but we've closed the EAP program. We will ship this feature to 100% of users by the end of June (and announce in Community) so stay tuned!

Like Michael Davis likes this
santiago.remon June 23, 2020

hi all, arrived late for the early birds, Any news when this feature will be available and how it works?

Cheers

0 votes
hanan May 19, 2020

@Mick C I developed a Chrome extension that adds a button to toggle "done issues" in the backlog page. Please tell me if you want this feature in others pages.

This is an open-source extension you can see the code in here: https://github.com/hanrok/jiraDone 

The extension is working only in the backlog page but if you want you can create a PR that will do the same in the board page.

0 votes
Kevin Prasse January 28, 2020

Hey there - we also have problems with the done column - the issues we migrated from the kanban board are not disappearing so we cannot really track what is done. We usually are using the column for sprint reviews to show our CEO the results of the last weeks. Is there any update?

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2020

Hi Kevin,

My team is working on the ability to manually clear issues from the DONE column right now. Hang in there as we will be shipping this functionality soon!

Regards,

Ivan

Felix Hüneburg May 21, 2020

This is really not a complicated request, low cost and high return. The problem pretty much makes the whole product unusable at some stage and yet the fix is so easy. Really makes you wonder how product management are prioritising their work.

hanan May 21, 2020

it's marked as "resolved" so Atlassian doesn't care about it. Need @Aaron Boushley to reopen the issue.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Felix Hüneburg @hanan 

We have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

0 votes
hanan November 25, 2019

What the hell is going on? why is this so hard to add this feature?!

It's really shameful Atlassian!

I work with several companies that uses Jira next-gen projects and *always* there is a list of DONE issues that no one want to see not on the board nor the backlog.

The 14 days is the worst solution you think of ever.

Just fix it already.

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hi Hanan, my apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap, some exciting news to be shared next Tuesday! 

If you're interested, please find some time here. As a thank you for your time, we'll provide $100 giftcard. We'll only be taking 3 participants by next Wednesday, so sign up! 

0 votes
Matthias November 11, 2019

By accident exactly one year after the last official reply. I have the same issue.

It seems no one cares. I have to use sprint board then. An annoying workaround for such a minor but deal breaking design flaw.

Makes me really cautious and rethink how much I will rely my workflow on a product with such a problem to react to easy fixable user needs...

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hi Matt, my apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap, some exciting news to be shared next Tuesday! 

Michael Waterston January 10, 2020

Will this work for Jira "Classic business" boards as well?  How soon does it roll out?  My boards are filling up fast ...

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi Matt and Michael,

We have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

0 votes
daniel.c September 13, 2019

Wow just found this, switching back to non-next gen project. Found this link in case it's helpful for someone else: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-convert-quot-next-gen-quot-project-to-quot-classic-quot/qaq-p/933703

Suggest an answer