How many ways we can connect to JIRA ?

Bindhu November 12, 2019

How many ways we can connect to JIRA ?

1 answer

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

@BindhuJira is a web based application, so by connecting if you mean integration, here are options you have,

• Rest API
  • Java API using plugin infrastructure

It will easier for me, if you share your requirements, that way I will be able to give you precise connecting option.

Bindhu November 12, 2019

Hi DPk,

My exact requirement is to make a connection with Jira and perform creating test execution and adding testcases to this test execution. 

So I need a way to do this like how to integrate or making connection and how to create test execution and adding test cases to it. I am searching for an examples not able to find anywhere. Please provide me some examples of it.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

@BindhuThe best way for you connect with Jira is using REST API,

I am pointing you the guides that you can use to do this,

However, Jira doesn't provide with Test Case management by default, you might be using some plugin for this, if this is true, checkout your plugin documentation for API's exposed by them.

Sai Sanjay Bandarupalli_a July 28, 2022

Hi DPK J,

Could you please provide guides for using Java API for connecting to Jira?

Suggest an answer