How do I view an issue's history, in the new JIRA Issue View?

Naufil Aziz May 23, 2018

I can't find information on how to view an issue's history, in JIRA's new issue view. This article seems to be all the information that's out there, at the moment. And I can't find my answer in there. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

The only solution I have right now, is to keep clicking on the "see the old view" link at the top of every issue. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 1.21.36 PM.png

Please help. I like the cleaner look of the new UI, but I can't use it if its missing features I rely on to do my job. 

5 answers

14 votes
Thomas Fraser October 23, 2018

@Danny _Newcastle_UK_ answered this: 

History View has been announced today on the updates blog for the new issue view.

No more going back to Excel :D

I have tested it out on my cloud instance and I can confirm it the new feature is available.

On the new issue view you click 'comments' which shows a drop down list, then click 'history'.

John Kroetch August 1, 2019

Unfortunately, I can only see that I deleted an attachment, and/or added a new attachment. I cannot seem to "recover" that old deleted attachment.

Like # people like this
John Kroetch August 1, 2019

Specifically, I was looking for a way to see revisions to a Draw.IO diagram so I can see what was changed... it's not really an attachment.

4 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2019

Hi there

To get a helicopter view of your workflow in details, you can start with the Issue History for Jira Cloud.

This add-on collects data about all issues changes in the one grid. So you don't need to go through each issue and manually extract this from history.

It shows the history of all changes that had been made with specific issues.

Plug-in allows:
- Get the changes log ordered by the date.
- Use filters to select issues list.
- Set columns to show different fields on the report grid.
- Apply custom date range to filter results.

At the Atlassian Marketplace you can get more information about the add-on and try the trial version of it.

If you have any question, please contact me directly zoryana@saasjet.com.2019-03-26_21-39-10.png

2 votes
Deleted user May 23, 2018

Hi @Naufil Aziz,

This feature is still a part of JIRA Labs and would be subject to incremental updates and testing, until the feature is officially published you may not get access to all the new features that is stated in the documentation. 

My suggestion would be to to return to the old view as this currently meets your requirements. Look for the link "See the old view" in top right corner when viewing an issue.

Hope this helps

Deleted user July 23, 2018

Hi @Naufil Aziz@Nate Olson@Kathy Barton,

History View has been announced today on the updates blog for the new issue view.

No more going back to Excel :D

I have tested it out on my cloud instance and I can confirm it the new feature is available.

Hope this helps

Like # people like this
0 votes
Anatoly Spektor October 23, 2019

There is an Activity tab, but I agree it is not very straightforward.

I have created a video that shows this:

https://youtu.be/W8qVa41lNcI

0 votes
kai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

Hey @Naufil Aziz,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to see history or activity on the new issue view. Although this is something we plan to support in the coming weeks.

If the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by clicking "See the old view" in the top right or by switching the feature off in your user profile (click the ••• on the issue and click "Turn off new view").

Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

Hope this helps!

Nate Olson July 11, 2018

It's been a few weeks now... any idea when we'll get history back in the new view?

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

+1 this is a core feature of Jira. Without it, I might as well go back to tracking tasks in Excel. Come on!!!!!!!!!

Like # people like this
Brian Mahoney May 4, 2019

History view update?

Like Jonny likes this
Jamie Gerace May 29, 2019

@Brian Mahoney

It's located in a dropdown with the comments. Shitty UI, but it's there.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 3.06.57 PM.png

Like # people like this
Matthew Cawley September 10, 2019

It's now September and I still had to google to find this :D

Thank you @Jamie Gerace 

Like Sébastien Abras likes this
Yuriy Zhykhariev September 26, 2019

Exactly my thoughts, @Matthew Cawley ... You'd expect a core feature like that to be in some more obvious or more intuitive place...

Like # people like this
Yuriy Zhykhariev September 26, 2019

And yes, thank you , @Jamie Gerace ))

Suggest an answer