How do I replicate an issue in another epic and automatically have the status updated?

Ilaria pluviano October 2, 2019

I've created an epic and several issues within it. 

I have other epics that have common issues with the first epic.

I would need to duplicate the common issues in the second epic that would automatically change their status when it is modified in the first epic. Is it possible? 

Example: epic 1: homepage > issue 1

epic 2: template > issue 1

I need issue 1 when modified in epic 1 with "done" to appear as done in epic 2

Thanks a lot, 

Ilaria

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hello @Ilaria pluviano

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understood that you would like to display the same issue in two different Epics, keeping the status and details displaying the same values in both Epics. Is it correct?

I believe that you can use the default link functionality to properly link the "Epic 2" with the issue, so you will display the exact same issue on both Epics but keeping the Parent/Epic relationship with the first one (Epic 1) and a link relationship with the second one (Epic 2).

To link the second Epic to your issue, you just need to navigate to the Epic > Click on Link issue and select the issue you want:

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 15.55.07.png

P.S: You can also create new link types to better describe the issue related to the Epic, as described in the documentation below:

Linking issues 

Let me know if this would be an option for you.

Suggest an answer