How can I update Priority and Assignee on hundreds of JIRA items at the same time?

Jose Robles December 5, 2019

I have hundreds of legacy items in need to be reviewed by QA to verify currency - check if they're still happening. How can I update them at the same time? I wish to assign them all to the same resource, e.g. "QA", and set their priority to "Not Prioritized."

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hey  @Jose_Robles 

If you select the Issues Dropdown from the top navigation bar and select Search for Issues you will be taken to a search list. Filter the list to the issues  you want to edit and in the top right corner select tools button and select the option All Issues. This will let you bulk edit all issues in the filter.

You will be taken to a screen that will let you select which issues. If you want all of them, select the first checkbox in top right and click next. Then select Edit Issues. Once the edit page loads, Assignee will be one of the first options and you will need to scroll down and find priority. Select the options you want to edit and click Next. Once you confirm the changes on the next page, the bulk edit will take place and the issues will be updated.

Heres an article that shows it as well: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver076/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-945112346.html

Suggest an answer