How can I add more dropdown list filters in my board?

Natalia Mojica August 9, 2023

Hi there!

I have a question regarding the filters that I can see on my backlog/ board (but not added by myself). Currently in my dashboard I have: assigned, epic, and type filter (but I didn't add them). So I'd like to understand how those filters appear and how I can add others (I don't want a JQL query unless I have the dropdown option)

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-09 a la(s) 9.21.17 a.m..png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2023

Hello @Natalia Mojica 

Those filters appear automatically based on values for those fields having been assigned to issues in the board, for boards in Team Managed projects. Jira is designed to do that for a specific set of fields such as Epics and Versions. The Labels and Issue Types fields will also produce automatic filter selection lists when you have multiple values for those.

It is not possible for you to explicitly add other dropdown selection lists to use for filtering. It is only possible to create additional filters based on JQL statements.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2023

Hi @Natalia Mojica ~ that would be Custom Filters on a team-managed project (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-custom-filters-in-team-managed-projects/ ) or Quick Filters on a company-managed project (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-quick-filters/ ).  Both are accessible via the Board config.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events