Error while deleting groups

Swati Poduval April 21, 2020

Hello,

I am a new Jira user and I would like to use the below scenario to explain the issue that I am currently facing:

I am a Jira admin.

I have a new project "TEST", which I created manually in Jira. E.g I name this project TEST and the key is TES: Now generally the Groups- found under user management are automatically updated based on my company's Active Directories. 

As a general rule of thumb, admin and user directories are created for each project. Viz TEST_admin and TEST_user

Recently, we had to deleted both the active directories for this project, i.e TEST_admin and TEST_user were deleted.

But I can still see them under my groups in user management. When I try to manually delete these groups I get the following error:

You do not have permission to remove this group from all the directories in which it occurs.

I have made sure that I synchronize the user directories.

Further probing I realized that new Active directories created are reflected under groups, but deleting Active directories or even renaming them show no effect under groups.

This is true in both scenarios, with and without  users assigned to groups 

What am I missing?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

Hi Swati,

welcome to the Community!

While it is a bit complicated to pinpoint this issue not having knowledge of the infrastructure on your end as well as server access to all systems involved at least I have found a corresponding knowledge base entry which could be of further help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/new-or-deleted-users-and-groups-from-active-directory-are-not-synchronised-in-jira-applications-269980444.html

Please kindly check if this matched your finding. In case not, please provide as much details as possible. It is more likely then that somebody with Active Directory expertise is able to catch up here on this.

Cheers,
Daniel

Swati Poduval May 7, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for helping out. The moment we corrected our sync parameters, it started working smoothly.

Regards,

Swati  

Suggest an answer