Difficulty transferring Jira from one account to a new account.

HRaman June 24, 2020

My software contract manufacturer administers a JIRA cloud account for issue tracking and now we have set up our own account with JIRA cloud. I ran into issues when I try to import the entries from one account to the new one through a CSV jira dump file.

I was looking for help from community to see if anyone had gone down this path before and what are the options available to achieve this transfer. The Git Import tool worked fine for me to import git repository but JIRA is trouble.

Secondly, what have people in the community used is there a good method to verify that the import was good after the transfer happens.  

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2021

Hi @HRaman ,

I'm not sure why you need to transfer. If the other Jira Cloud admin can add your account(e-mail id), then you will have access to that Jira cloud instance. 

-Ben

HRaman October 24, 2021

Hi @Benjamin

they being contract manufacturer were planning to takedown their site and we needed to set-up our own cloud site. 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

HI @HRaman ,

I would recommend following this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrate-projects-from-one-jira-cloud-site-to-another-779160766.html

A way to check is run JQLs to make sure all the issues you move are there on the new cloud site.

-Ben

Suggest an answer