Current User Sessions in Jira - Explanation

Andreas Lorz May 6, 2019

Hi all,

under jira administration > System > User sessions there is a table of sessions with different information. Can somebody pls explain what i see here? I need help to understand the columns "Type" and "Requests". 

I know what REST is but does a HTTP Session mean, that a user 'normaly' uses Jira over the GUI and REST Session mean, some script is making requests to jira under the metioned User-Account?

And whats the deal with the Requests Count?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hi @Andreas Lorz ,

This community thread should clarify your queries/concerns to some extent - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/REST-vs-HTTP-Sessions/qaq-p/250263

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Andreas Lorz May 6, 2019

Hi @Ravi Varma ,

thanks for your answer. Indeed this explain the high number of REST sessions in the table. I guess the amount of add-ons we use are producing them. 

However, I still do not understand the request counts. Is this an accumulated number? E.g. when a user trigger a transition within a workflow that uses multible add-ons, which in turn using one or more REST calls?

Suggest an answer