Cloning: getting a link to the cloned issue in the notification

william.breuer July 1, 2020

Hi,

When cloning an issue, you'll get a notification like 'XYZ-503 has been cloned.' in the top-right of the screen.

In my case it would be very usefull to get the actual clone-issue (with a link) in the notification, so I can pick up working on the clone-issue.

Is there a way to configure this?

2 answers

0 votes
Lily Tsui July 8, 2020

Hello William, not sure if this will solve your problem, but when you have cloned XYZ-1 to ZYX-2 at the bottom of the issue you will see "cloned by" in ZYX-2. You can click right there and pick up directly with XYZ-1. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2020

Hi William - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What screen is displayed after the issue is cloned? The original issue? If you hit refresh do you see a link to the newly cloned issue?

william.breuer July 2, 2020

The exact message is:  "'XYZ-503 has been cloned" (no links in it).

I'm doing this from my storyboard, using '.', 'clone'. I see the clone-issue on the bottom of my backlog after refreshing, or in the XYZ-503.

Showing the actual issue created, e.g. XYZ-504, would help a lot already, linking it makes it even easier to quickly proceed with what you want to do (edit that new issue).

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

So after you clone it, can you click on the issue XYZ-503 to open it? And then click on the issue link to XYZ-504?

william.breuer July 2, 2020

Yes, I could click on the Original issue and navigate to the cloned issue this way. The notification itself is not clickable.

Though, having some issues with like 100 clones, it's hard to navigate, while if the notification would offer that information it would be easier.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2020

You will probably need to submit a new feature request to Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer