Cannot activate Jira Core Server License

Dirk Jedich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2021

Dear Sirs and Madams,

we have installed a Jira Data Center Test license (the only option currently available to install a Jira Core test license) and have purchased a Server License.

Trying now to update the current running Jira test instance with the Server License results in an error, saying that this Server license will not be accepted by the currently running Jira instance.

Is there a way to activate the Server license?

Best regards,

Dirk Jedich

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Dirk Jedich ,

if you installed a JIRA Data Center so you need a Data Center license and not a server one.

In order to upgrade your current Server License you should use the following link https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/upgrade

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Dirk Jedich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2022

Hi Fabio,
this was not the point. We wondered if there would be a way to to "downgrade" the Jira Data Center software to a  Jira Server Software.

Never mind, in the meantime we uninstalled the Data Center Software and installed the Server software, which of course solved the problem.

Regards,

Dirk

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events