Can I use same account for different companies

Vlad Chernichko January 19, 2021

I was working with one company and have been invited to work with another on a parallel project and I don't have access to second company jira. So is this possible to use the same account to work with both companies?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Vlad Chernichko ,

you can use the same account (that is tied to your email address) on many Jira Cloud instances : the Jira administrator just need to add you (based on your email address) to their product and give you permissions to access the projects.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Thanks for reply. I will inquire them to check my access rights in admin panel from their side and hopefully I wouldn't need to create new account.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi Yes , it's Possible.

Ask them to send invitation to your email. You can signup for the New company Jira.

If there is no domain restriction (@abc.com). it's possible, if restriction is enabled ask them to add your domain (current email) , if it's not allowed as per their security policies. New email account needed with the Second company domain. 

Thanks for reply. I already got invitation but no access. I'll check in with them, maybe there are some additional steps from their side to solve this and hopefully I wouldn't need to create new account.

Suggest an answer