Can I somehow structure a complete Tribe under one Jira project?

Jorma Vihavainen January 15, 2019

Can I somehow structure a complete Tribe (bout 200 people) under one Jira project? How should I build the project to be able to make the distinction between Squads and Squad Groups?

SNAG-0081.jpg

Can I use Components to do it? What would be the downside?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

What are squads and what are squad groups?

Do squads contain more than one person?

Why don’t you want delegated projects for each unit as this can lead to confusion in future.

More context on your usage and better definition of what a tribe is, what a squad group is and what a squad is would help.

Jorma Vihavainen January 15, 2019

Thanks for the reply Ismael!

Squads are Agile teams consisting of 5-15 people with Agile roles

Squad Groups are organizational units consisting from several Squads

What is the benefit of delegated projects versus a monolith with team division within one project?

SNAG-0082.jpg

SNAG-0083.jpg

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hi @Jorma Vihavainen

My suggestion is that you use separate projects and use linked issues where needed rather than have all users within the same project.

If you must have all issues in the same project then yes components can help you here and you can use boards filtered based on components to show each team what they must work on.

The problem which can potentially arise is a failure to set component leading to an issue being missed.

Hence once again, the suggestion is each Squad has a project to themselves, create a linked issue when a squad needs work from another which grants better visibility to both squads because they can both see when work is done.

I hope this helps.

Like Jorma Vihavainen likes this

Suggest an answer