Automatically creating a jira issue after a failed bamboo build

Surya Sigdel February 10, 2014

Hello all;

Is there a way in which i can integrate a jira project with bamboo plan. I want to create a jira issue automatically once the bamboo build fails for that plan. And also want to assign the jira ticket to the person who committed the code at the time of build failure.

thank you

3 answers

6 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2015

Hello Surya,

Thank you for your question.

As @Gretchen Jones have mentioned, you are able to install Pre-Post Build Command Runner plugin and create a JIRA issue by running the following command:

# USERNAME, i.e.: admin
# PASSWORD, i.e.: nimda
# PROJECT-KEY, i.e.: BAM

curl -D- -X POST -u USERNAME:PASSWORD -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "PROJECT-KEY" }, "summary": "${bamboo.planName} - ${bamboo.buildNumber}", "description": "Link to the failed build:\n${bamboo.resultsUrl}", "issuetype": { "name": "Bug" }}}' https://JIRA-BASE-URL/rest/api/2/issue/

In Cloud, you can run the same command by running a Script task.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

A August 24, 2015

But currently above script is creating issue if plan is pass also. I need only bug for if above plan is failed

1 vote
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

I think you could use the pre-post build command plugin to execute a REST command and create a jira ticket. See this plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.sysbliss.bamboo.plugins.prepost-build-command

way4siebel May 25, 2020

Hello,

i am also looking out for the same. Need an automatic jira ticket to be created up on bamboo build failure.

could you explains steps from basic such as 1) what exact plugin to be installed? How to install & integrate the jira and bamboo and how to run  

0 votes
Nil Plana October 27, 2014

Is not available the same or similar thing but for 'on Demand' or in 'Cloud'?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer