Add @Mentions to Custom Field

Cristina Andrei November 10, 2022

Hi,

I would to add @mentions to one of my fields. The field type is text field.

Is this possible? How can I mention someone in a field?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

Hi @Cristina Andrei ,

you need just to change Renderer in the related field configuration. In particular you need to use "Wiki Style Renderer".

Hope this helps,

Fabio

I tried,but it didn't work. I did the change that you proposed, but when I want to mention someone it doesn't work. From what I read the mention is working only for Comments and Description

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

Please share a screenshot. It should work

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

Do you see field as wiki renderer?

yes ,i setted, but it's not working. doesn't show me as it shows in comment field

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-32563 - here it is specified that the mention is working for comment field and description field

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

I tested it in cloud and it worked. Now I performed the same test in a server instance and it doesn't work. 

it means that the solution is working only for cloud, and not for server and data center.

thanks!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

you are welcome @Cristina Andrei 

Vincent Cheung February 27, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

I am trying to use @mention in custom text field in Jira Service Management cloud.  I was able to configure it and mention someone's name, but it didn't send that person notification.  The person is not the reporter nor assignee of the ticket, and not part of the request participant.  

Do you know how I can enable notifications going to the person whom was mentioned? 

Notification works if @mention is under comment or description, but not custom text field. 

Jari Nieminen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2023

I would also like to send notifications to users with a custom field (wiki rendered). Mentioning works, but no notification email is sent.

Has someone found a solution to this? Can this be solved with ~notification schema etc or is this a bug?

Suggest an answer