Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic update of parent tickerts

Lucio Lara Cruz August 28, 2019

Hi fellows!!

I have a question, how can i make the setup in Jira for the following situation:

Usually in most of my teams some or most of them do not update the story from a TODO status to an IN PROGRESS, they only update the subtask ...

Can the story be automatically updated in the case that when a subtask be moved to in progress the story be as well moved to the same status (IN PROGRESS)?

Thanks in advance for your help & support!

Sincerely,

Lucio Lara

2 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

@Lucio Lara Cruz Hey, Lucio! Thanks for dropping by. I'm going to move this post to the Jira collection, where you'll find more folks with this expertise. 😄

Like Lucio Lara Cruz likes this
Lucio Lara Cruz August 28, 2019

Thanks @Erica Moss !!!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Sonja Athing August 29, 2019

Hello Lucio @Lucio Lara Cruz ,

I recently updated a team's workflow to accommodate exactly what you are looking for.

To do that,  I made use of the Marketplace Jira Add on: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-automation-suite-for-jira-workflows?hosting=server&tab=overview

Give it an evaluation ! 

When making use of the add-on in your workflow, update your transition  "TO DO --> In Progress" to include a Post Function -  choose "Linked Transition (JSU)" 

Enjoy !

Sonja Athing

Lucio Lara Cruz August 29, 2019

Hey there @Sonja Athing  Thanks!!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events