Upgrade Paths need to be made more clear

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2019

As an Atlassian consultant, I spend a lot of time upgrading clients, some of whom have not upgraded Jira in years. One of my frustrations is that there is not a standard documentation page that lists the specific upgrade paths required for each version of Jira. I want to see a page with a simple table that indicates the required intermediate versions on my path to the latest Jira version. 

This should be a simple table that says "If you are on versions X.Y to X.Z, then you need to upgrade to A.B before upgrading further"

This would make it much easier to know which intermediate versions are required and are proven to work.

If this page exists, I can't seem to find it. 

1 comment

Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @C_ Derek Fields

I did a quick research on that matter. When you navigate to Plan your upgrade > 1. Determine your upgrade path > Show Jira Agile (or Core if applicable) on the following page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0713/upgrading-jira-applications-using-the-installer-964983183.html), you see a little table with the desired infos. It is not really detailed for each version, but it could help I guess. 

A more detailed table would be nice indeed. 

My best

Merve

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

Yes, indeed. That is the table that I am looking for. I think it should be upgraded to its own page, not hidden in a collapsible table. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events